|Electricity: measuring and testing patents - Monitor Patents|
USPTO Class 324 | Browse by Industry: Previous - Next | All
07/2009 | Recent | 15: May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 14: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 13: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 12: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | April | Mar | Feb | Jan | 11: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 10: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | | 09: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jl | Jn | May | Apr | Mar | Fb | Jn | | 2008 | 2007 |
Electricity: measuring and testing July category listing 07/09Below are recently published patent applications awaiting approval from the USPTO. Recent week's RSS XML file available below.
Listing for abstract view: USPTO application #, Title, Abstract excerpt,Patent Agent. Listing format for list view: USPTO National Class full category number, title of the patent application. 07/30/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Identification of integrated circuit: An apparatus in an example comprises an integrated circuit and one or more resistors. The integrated circuit comprises an internal current source and an external interface pin. The one or more resistors arc external to the integrated circuit and coupled with the external interface pin of the integrated circuit. Application... Agent: Hewlett Packard Company
- Measuring device and measuring method for measuring the power of a high-frequency signal: A measuring device for measuring the power of a high-frequency signal including a detector for detecting the high-frequency signal and for generating an analog detector signal, an analog/digital converter for generating a digital signal and an evaluation device for evaluating the digital signal. A dither supply device for the supply... Agent: Ditthavong Mori & Steiner, P.C.
- Detection and monitoring of partial discharge of a power line: There is provided a method that includes (a) acquiring a first spectral component of a single noise pulse on a power line, and a second spectral component of the single noise pulse, (b) determining that the single noise pulse is synchronous with a power voltage on the power line, (c)... Agent: Charles N. J. Ruggiero, Esq. Ohlandt, Greeley, Ruggiero & Perle, L.L.P.
- Circuit for detecting the duty cycle of clock signals: A circuit (100) for detecting the duty cycle of clock signals comprises an oscillator (2) whose signal can be changed into a square-wave voltage in a gate (3). In order to obtain a simple construction of the circuit (100) with improved quality of the output signals a low-pass filter (3)... Agent: Nxp, B.v. Nxp Intellectual Property Department
- Signal measuring device: An interpolated signal generating circuit (101) generates interpolated signals (SIG1-SIGN) of two consecutive discrete signals (SIG). N measuring circuits (501) measure interpolated signals. Since the interpolated signals are measurement targets, N-times oversampling measurement can also be performed for the discrete signals. With the oversampling measurement, the frequency spectra of the... Agent: Sughrue Mion, PLLC
- Instrument for testing an electrical circuit: An instrument for testing an electrical circuit includes a housing, a printed circuit board disposed within the housing, and at least one probe in electrical communication with the printed circuit board. The instrument further includes a plurality of panels disposed within the housing, wherein each one of the plurality of... Agent: Christensen, O'connor, Johnson, Kindness, PLLC
- Speed sensor: A probe for sensing the movement of a body of magnetic material comprises a magnetically energisable pole piece and a plurality of electrically conductive circuits, coupled to the magnetic pole piece, such that a change in magnetic flux in the pole piece caused by movement of the body relative to... Agent: Nixon & Vanderhye, PC
- Device and method for measuring concentration of magnetic material: A device for measuring a concentration of magnetic material has exciting coils 11a and an output coil 11b which generates exciting voltage when alternating current flows through the exciting coils 11a. Measurement means 6 is provided to measure variation in phase difference between voltages of the exciting and output coils... Agent: Oblon, Spivak, Mcclelland Maier & Neustadt, P.C.
- Metal face inductive proximity sensor: Metal face inductive proximity sensors and methods are presented for sensing the presence or absence of a target object in a target sensing area in which a coil system is operated to generate a magnetic field extending outward from the sensing face at a frequency in a range that maximizes... Agent: Fay Sharpe LLP
- Magnetic sensor and rotation-angle-detecting apparatus: A magnetic sensor comprising a bridge circuit in which four magnetoresistive devices are connected, the magnetoresistive device comprising a spin-valve, giant-magnetoresistive film comprising a pinned layer having unidirectional magnetic anisotropy, a free layer whose magnetization direction is rotated in alignment with an external magnetic field direction, and an intermediate layer... Agent: Sughrue Mion, PLLC
- Method and apparatus for observing a magnetic field decoupled from an electromagnetic field: A method for observing a magnetic field decoupled from an electromagnetic field including three fundamental steps, including producing a magnetic field with an electromagnetic field producing means, maneuvering a magnetometer to observe the magnitude and delineation of said magnetic field, and observing the decoupling a magnetic field from the electromagnetic... Agent: Stainbrook & Stainbrook, LLP
- Magnetic sensor array: A magnetic sensor array includes a first three-dimensional magnetic sensor secured to a substrate in a central location of the substrate. A number of second three-dimensional magnetic sensors are secured to the substrate at a first distance from the first magnetic sensor. Additionally, a number of one-dimensional magnetic sensors are... Agent: Barnes & Thornburg LLP
- Methodology for interpretation and analysis of nmr distributions: Pulse sequences are applied to a fluid in an earth formation in a static magnetic field and NMR spin echo signals are obtained. The signals are inverted to give T2 distributions at a plurality of depths. Similarities between logs of the T2 bins with resistivity and/or gamma ray logs are... Agent: Madan & Sriram, P.C.
- Magnetic resonance diagnosis apparatus, noise spatial distribution generating method, and signal acquisition method: A magnetic resonance diagnosis apparatus includes a coil assembly including a high-frequency coil, a transmission unit which excites magnetization of a specific atomic nucleus of an object via the high-frequency coil, a reception unit including a detection unit for receiving a magnetic resonance signal via the high-frequency coil, a low-pass... Agent: Nixon & Vanderhye, PC
- System and method for tissue specific mr imaging of metabolites using spectral-spatially formed stimulated echo: A system for magnetic resonance (MR) spectroscopy includes a plurality of gradient coils positioned about a bore of a magnet and an RF coil assembly coupled to a pulse generator to emit RF pulse sequences and arranged to receive resulting MR signals from a subject of interest. A system control... Agent: Ziolkowski Patent Solutions Group, Sc (gems)
- Gradient coil, magnetic resonance imaging apparatus and gradient coil manufacturing method: Provided is a gradient coil capable of suppressing generation of an unnecessary magnetic field component while ensuring the readiness of conducting wire winding work. The gradient coil includes a cylindrical bobbin round which the conducting wire is wound; and a winding part formed by winding the conducting wire round the... Agent: Nixon & Vanderhye, PC
- Patient table for use in magnetic resonance system: The present utility model discloses a patient table for a magnetic resonance system, said magnetic resonance system also comprises a body coil, and said patient table comprises a table board and supporting means for supporting said table board, which table board is located in said body coil, and said supporting... Agent: Siemens Corporation Intellectual Property Department
- Apparatus for controlling an antenna arrangement: A cylindrical antenna arrangement in a magnetic resonance apparatus has two feed points to feed in two partial signals, the two feed points being arranged on a cross-section of the antenna arrangement. The cross-section has a center point. A first angle is formed by the connection of a first feed... Agent: Schiff Hardin, LLP Patent Department
- Magnetic resonance imaging local coil composed of separate parts: A separate type coil for a magnetic resonance imaging system has a first partial coil in a first partial casing and a second partial coil in a second partial casing, the first and second partial coils being connected to a connector for connection to the imaging system via a first... Agent: Schiff Hardin, LLP Patent Department
- Magnetic resonance imaging system with reduced unintentional mechanical movements: A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system (1) with an active vibration control is provided, in that a number of piezo-electric actuators (6) are positioned between at least one element (2, 3, 5, 9, 10) of the MRI system (1) and an associated support surface (8) and being connected in series... Agent: Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Method of actuating a test function of an electrical switching apparatus at a panel and electrical switching apparatus employing the same: An arc fault circuit breaker includes a panel having a first side and an opposite second side, a housing coupled to the opposite second side of the panel, separable contacts, an operating mechanism structured to open and close the separable contacts, and a trip mechanism cooperating with the operating mechanism... Agent: Eckert Seamans Cherin & Mellott
- System, method, and article of manufacture for determining an estimated battery cell module state: A system, a method, and an article of manufacture for determining an estimated battery cell module state indicative of a state of a battery cell module of a battery pack are provided. The method includes measuring at least one of a battery cell module voltage, a battery cell module current,... Agent: Cantor Colburn, LLP
- Fuel gauging system and method thereof: A lighting system is provided that includes at least one lighting device, at least one connector, and a plurality of external power sources. The at least one lighting device includes at least one lighting source, and an internal power source applying a first electrical current to illuminate the at least... Agent: Michael C. Pophal Eveready Battery Company Inc
- Method and apparatus for testing afci device for series arc detection: A method and apparatus for testing an AFCI device. In one embodiment, the method comprises the steps of providing an AFCI device to be tested and a load, wherein the AFCI device and the load form an electrical circuit, applying AC power to the AFCI device, generating a high frequency... Agent: Siemens Corporation Intellectual Property Department
- Polymeric structures and methods for producing and monitoring polymeric structures: A method for monitoring a component formed of a polymer material, and the polymer component. The component includes an electrically-conductive polymer sensing element integrally incorporated into the component. An electric potential is applied to the polymer sensing element, and an electric signal generated by the polymer sensing element is sensed... Agent: Hartman & Hartman, P.C.
- Continuous subsurface heater temperature measurement: A method for assessing one or more temperatures of an electrically powered subsurface heater includes accessing an impedance profile of the electrically powered subsurface heater while the heater is being operated in the subsurface. The impedance profile is analyzed with a frequency domain algorithm to assess one or more temperatures... Agent: Shell Oil Company
- Method, system, and apparatus for liquid monitoring, analysis, and identification: Embodiments of liquid monitoring, analysis, and identification are described generally herein. Other embodiments may be described and claimed.... Agent: Richman And Associates
- Systems and methods for detecting capacitor process variation: A method for detecting capacitor variation in a device comprises operating an oscillator in the device, the oscillator being an Inductive-Capacitive (LC) oscillator and including an inductor of known value and a capacitor under test, comparing an output of the oscillator to a reference output, and evaluating variation for a... Agent: Fulbright & Jaworski L.l.p
- Compliant membrane probe: A probe test head for a high density pin count integrated circuit, includes: a flexible membrane; an array of conductive structures, each one of the structures including a mechanically compliant probe tip affixed to the membrane, such that an attachment point enables mechanical actuation of the probe tip through a... Agent: Cantor Colburn LLP-ibm Burlington
- Differential waveguide probe: A wafer probe comprises a contact conductively interconnected with the wall of a waveguide channel and supported by a substrate that projects from an end of a waveguide channel.... Agent: Chernoff, Vilhauer, Mcclung & Stenzel, LLP
- Interposer and a probe card assembly for electrical die sorting and methods of operating and manufacturing the same: An interposer and a probe card assembly for electrical die sorting is provided. The assembly may include probes electrically contacting pads of dies on a substrate, a first wiring unit including a first wire on and electrically contacting the probes, an interposer unit including interposers on the first wiring unit... Agent: Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C
- Method and system for continuity testing of conductive interconnects: In accordance with one embodiment of the present disclosure, a method for testing electronics includes forming at least a portion of an electrical circuit by electrically coupling a plurality of indicators in series with respect to each other such that each indicator is operable to substantially simultaneously indicate an electrical... Agent: Baker Botts LLP
- Probe device: A probe device for testing a semiconductor chip includes a substrate and a balun formed on the substrate. The balun includes first and second differential ports and a single-ended port. The probe device includes first and second probe tips respectively coupled to the first and second differential ports.... Agent: Dicke, Billig & Czaja
- Probe for testing integrated circuit devices: A device for providing electrical contact comprises a first reciprocating conductive body having a first abutting body at one end, a second reciprocating conductive body having a second abutting body at one end and a resilient means biasing the first reciprocating conductive body and the second reciprocating conductive body in... Agent: Lawrence Y.d. Ho & Associates Pte Ltd
- Apparatus and method for detecting electronic device testing socket: An apparatus for detecting an electronic device testing socket including a testing base, a detecting circuit board, a depth gauge, and a conductive pressing block is provided. The detecting circuit board disposed on the testing base has a carrying surface for carrying an electronic device testing socket. The electronic device... Agent: J C Patents, Inc.
- Methods and apparatus for planar extension of electrical conductors beyond the edges of a substrate: Concurrent electrical access to the pads of integrated circuits on a wafer is provided by an edge-extended wafer translator that carries signals from one or more pads on one or more integrated circuits to contact terminals on the inquiry-side of the edge-extended wafer translator, including portions of the inquiry-side that... Agent: Raymond J. Werner
- Reworkable bonding pad layout and debug method thereof: The reworkable bonding pad layout includes a first point, a second point, a reworkable bonding pad, a first leading wire, and a second leading wire. There is a debug position defined between the first point and the second point. The reworkable bonding pad is formed at the debug position. The... Agent: Chih Feng Yeh Brian M. Mcinnis
- Semiconductor wafer having a multitude of sensor elements and method for measuring sensor elements on a semiconductor wafer: In the measurement of sensor elements in a wafer composite, whereby non-electric stimuli are to be applied to the sensor elements, a semiconductor wafer having a multitude of sensor elements, each sensor element having a voltage supply connection, a grounded connection, and at least one sensor signal output, is configured... Agent: Kenyon & Kenyon LLP
- Angular spectrum tailoring in solid immersion microscopy for circuit analysis: A method and structure for locating a fault in a semiconductor chip. The chip includes a substrate on a dielectric interconnect. A first electrical response image of the chip, which includes a spot representing the fault, is overlayed on a first reflection image for monochromatic light in an optical path... Agent: Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts
- Movement apparatus and electronic device test apparatus: An air cylinder raising and lowering a pickup head for holding an IC device in an electronic device test apparatus, the air cylinder includes a cylinder tube; a piston; a first hollow chamber formed below the piston; a second hollow chamber formed above the piston and being larger than the... Agent: Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C
- Test board used for a reliability test and reliability test method: To conduct a reliability test for a tape automated bonding (TAB) package under a state being close to a mounting state to a product, the TAB package (1) includes a TAB tape (3), a semiconductor chip (2) mounted on the TAB tape (3), and a first terminal (7a) and a... Agent: Mcginn Intellectual Property Law Group, PLLC07/23/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Mtj sensor including domain stable free layer: By subdividing the free layer of a GMR/TMR device into multiple sub-elements that share common top and bottom electrodes, a magnetic detector is produced that is domain stable in the presence of large stray fields, thereby eliminating the need for longitudinal bias magnets. Said detector may be used to measure... Agent: Saile Ackerman LLC
- Magnetic core for current transformer, current transformer, and watt-hour meter: A magnetic core for a current transformer, and a current transformer and a watt hour meter used thereof, which is preferred the detection of a alternate current with a large asymmetrical waveform and a alternate current which a direct current is superimposed are realized. A magnetic core for a current... Agent: Akerman Senterfitt
- Sensor device with adaptive field compensation: The invention relates to a magnetic sensor device comprising an excitation wire for the generation of an alternating magnetic excitation field (Bi) and a GMR sensor (12) for sensing reaction fields (B2) generated by magnetized particles (2) in reaction to the excitation fields. Moreover, it comprises a compensator (15) for... Agent: Philips Intellectual Property & Standards
- Electromagnetic barrier for use in association with inductive position sensors: An inductive position sensing system including an inductive position sensor and an electromagnetic barrier positioned adjacent the sensor to shield the sensor from induced electromagnetic field interference. The electromagnetic barrier is formed of a soft magnetic composite material comprising a soft magnetic filler material dispersed within a non-magnetic matrix or... Agent: Krieg Devault LLP
- Magnetoresistive continuous seat track position sensor: A magnetoresistive continuous seat track position sensor system to determine longitudinal movement of the seat along a length of a track is described. In one embodiment, the system comprises a magnetic array in a fixed position and having a width and a length along said seat track length. The array... Agent: Rader, Fishman & Grauer PLLC Ford Global Technologies, Inc.
- Method for interference suppression in a measuring device: The present invention describes a method enabling one to shield a device that measures weak biomagnetic signals from strong magnetic interference fields. The measurement sensors are provided with a feedback compensation loop, the difference signal of which is obtained from the measurement sensors themselves. As the actuator of the feedback... Agent: Studebaker & Brackett PC
- Capacitor switches for nmr: NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) capacitor switches allow for adjusting the resonant frequency ranges of NMR measurement circuits by inserting or removing capacitors having different values into the circuits. A change of position of a single switching member is used to change the contact state of at least two capacitors. In... Agent: Bella Fishman Varian, Legal Department
- System and method for mr imaging in inhomogeneous magnetic fields: An apparatus and method for MR imaging in inhomogeneous magnetic fields includes acquisition of a plurality of three-dimensional (3D) MR data sets, each data set having a central transmit frequency and a central receive frequency set to a frequency offset that is distinct for each 3D MR data set. A... Agent: Ziolkowski Patent Solutions Group, Sc (gems)
- System and method for active mr tracking: A system and method for active MR tracking includes a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) system having a plurality of gradient coils positioned about a bore of a magnet, an RF coil assembly positioned in the bore, and a pulse module. The MRI system also includes a polarization reversal switch controlled... Agent: General Electric Company Global Research
- Housing for a magnetic resonance imaging scanner and a scanner: Pumping out of a vacuum vessel and housing of a scanner is facilitated by providing a hole through a radiation shield. To reduce radiation of heat via this hole to an inner coolant containing vessel a closure member is provided. This is held in spaced apart relationship during pump down... Agent: Crowell & Moring LLP Intellectual Property Group
- Tomography system with cooled electrically conductive conduits: In a tomography system having a superconducting magnet and gradient coils, a cooling arrangement for cooling the gradient coils includes a cooling circuit which itself comprises an outward branch carrying cooling fluid to the gradient coils and a return branch carrying cooling fluid away from the gradient coils. At least... Agent: Crowell & Moring LLP Intellectual Property Group
- Determining orientation for seafloor electromagnetic receivers: Apparatus and method for estimating the 3D orientation angles for remotely deployed devices with flexible arms such as dipole antennas of receivers used in marine controlled-source electromagnetic surveys to explore for hydrocarbons. Acoustic transponders or transducers, or other positioning sensors such as attitude sensors or strain-sensitive fiber optic cables are... Agent: Exxon Mobil Upstream Research Company
- Battery voltage detection circuit: A battery-voltage detection circuit comprising: a first-capacitor; an operational-amplifier; a second-capacitor; a voltage-application-circuit to sequentially apply one and the other-battery-terminal-voltages to the other-first-capacitor-end; a discharge circuit to allow the second-capacitor to discharge before the other-battery-terminal-voltage is applied to the other-first-capacitor-end; a constant current circuit to output a constant-current causing predetermined-speed-discharge... Agent: SocalIPLaw Group LLP
- Apparatus and systems for common mode voltage-based ac fault detection, verification and/or identification: Apparatus for AC fault (ACF) detection are provided. In addition, apparatus for AC fault (ACF) detection and verification are provided. In addition, apparatus for identification of a module which is the cause of an AC fault (ACF) are provided. In one implementation, one or more of these apparatus can be... Agent: Ingrassia Fisher & Lorenz, P.C. (gm)
- Methods for common mode voltage-based ac fault detection, verification and/or identification: Methods for AC fault (ACF) detection are provided. In addition, methods for AC fault (ACF) detection and verification are provided. In addition, methods for identification of a module which is the cause of an AC fault (ACF) are provided. In one implementation, one or more of these methods can be... Agent: Ingrassia Fisher & Lorenz, P.C. (gm)
- Ic testing environment investigative device and method: A device and method for investigating the IC (integrated circuit) testing environment is disclosed herein. The investigative device comprises a loadboard, a socket and an antenna. The loadboard is disposed in the bottom of the investigative device. The socket is disposed over the loadboard. The socket is used to fasten... Agent: Stout, Uxa, Buyan & Mullins LLP
- Attachment apparatus, test head, and electronic device test system: An apparatus comprises: an engagement shaft able to engage with a bottom surface of a DSA and held linear-movably; an air cylinder supplying a drive force for linearly moving the engagement shaft; and a link mechanism interposed between the air cylinder and the engagement shaft and transmitting the drive force... Agent: Greenblum & Bernstein, P.L.C
- Method and system for tracking scattering parameter test system calibration: Embodiments describe methods of correcting S-parameter measurements for a DUT. The method includes coupling at least one tracking module associated with a set of electrical standards to a S-parameter measurement device to form a test system. An initial calibration for the test system is then determined. This may include measuring... Agent: Bereskin And Parr
- Large signal scattering functions from orthogonal phase measurements: The invention measures the X-parameters (or large-signal S and T scattering functions, sometimes called linearized scattering functions, which are the correct way to define “large-signal S-parameters”) with only two distinct phases for small-signals on a frequency grid established by intermodulation frequencies and harmonics of the large-tones, with guaranteed well-conditioned data... Agent: Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Capacitance detection circuit including voltage compensation function: A capacitance detection circuit that compensates for the fluctuation of a reference voltage with a simple structure. A C-V circuit for a sensor element generates a detection signal by amplifying a capacitance change value of the sensor element by a predetermined gain based on a reference voltage. A voltage compensation... Agent: Freescale Semiconductor, Inc. Law Department
- Chemical impedance detectors for fluid analyzers: A chemical impedance detector having several electrodes situated on or across a dielectric layer of a substrate. The electrodes may be across or covered with a thin film polymer. Each electrode may have a set of finger-like electrodes. Each set of finger-like electrodes may be intermeshed, but not in contact,... Agent: Honeywell International Inc. Patent Services
- Probe card and method of manufacturing the same: Provided is a probe card and method of fabricating the same. This method comprises forming soldering bumpers electrically connected to conductive patterns on a substrate, forming probes connected to the conductive patterns and supported by the soldering bumpers, and then melting the soldering bumpers to fixing the probes to the... Agent: Muncy, Geissler, Olds & Lowe, PLLC
- Probe card assembly with interposer probes: A probe test card assembly for testing a device under test includes interposer probes to connect a printed circuit board to a substrate. The probe test card assembly includes a printed circuit board, a substrate and a substrate holder. A plurality of test probes is connected to the substrate for... Agent: Hickman Palermo Truong & Becker, LLP
- Space transformer, manufacturing method of the space transformer and probe card having the space transformer: Provided is a probe card of a semiconductor testing apparatus, including a printed circuit board to which an electrical signal is applied from external, a space transformer having a plurality of probes directly contacting with a test object, and interconnectors connecting the printed circuit board to the probes of the... Agent: Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C
- Contact device and method for producing the same: Provided is a method for producing a contact device, including a step of forming a first conductive film; a step of forming a second conductive film containing a metal or an alloy of the metal on the first conductive film; a step of forming a third conductive film on the... Agent: Jianq Chyun Intellectual Property Office
- Inspection method and program storage medium storing the method: Disclosed is an inspection method capable of performing an inspection of high reliability even for very fine and thin-film electrode pads of a target object, by using needle traces formed on the electrode pads and making the electrode pads repeatedly contact the probes at high accuracy. In the inspection method,... Agent: Oblon, Spivak, Mcclelland Maier & Neustadt, P.C.
- System and method for display test: The system for display test includes a driving circuit having integrated circuit (IC) pads on the substrate and the IC pads are electrically connected to the signal lines, respectively. And the first switches are between the first test pads and the IC pads, wherein the number of the first test... Agent: Squire, Sanders & Dempsey L.l.p07/16/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Detection of lightning: A lightning detector for lightning detection and a lightning detection method, wherein the lightning detector uses at least two separate channels or frequency bands for lightning detection, and wherein the lightning detector is a mobile RF device provided with radio interfaces for at least two communication channels or frequency bands,... Agent: Harrington & Smith, PC
- On-chip current sensing methods and systems: A switch regulator module includes a switch and a current sensing module. The switch has an input port and an output port. The current sensing module senses a first voltage at the input port of the switch and a second voltage at the output port of the switch. The current... Agent: Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.l.l.c.
- Gated sweep in spectrum analyzers: A measurement technique that provides a full solution to the gated local oscillator sweep measurement and improves the accuracy of signal analyzers in gated sweep mode by pre-sweeping the local oscillator at the beginning of a gate pulse and over-sweeping the local oscillator at the end of each gate pulse.... Agent: Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Device for detecting voltage disturbance: At least one embodiment of the present invention provides a method for detecting voltage disturbance. In at least one embodiment the method includes storing the digitized point values of a voltage reference waveform; detecting actual voltage values, and converting the actual voltage values by digitization into point values of the... Agent: Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C
- Clock generation circuit, analog-digital angle converter using the same, and angle detection apparatus: Two-phase resolver signals output from a rotation angle detector are squared by first and second squaring circuits. The squared signals are added by an adding circuit. The DC component of the output signal from the adding circuit is removed by a filter. The output signal from the filter is compared... Agent: Gallagher & Lathrop, A Professional Corporation
- Magnetic resolver: A magnetic resolver includes: a plurality of columnar cores disposed on an annular plate; a coil portion disposed around each of the columnar cores; and an annular rotor having a sinusoidal profile that rotates in a plane parallel to the top faces of the columnar cores around a rotation axis... Agent: Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP
- Selector switch: Improvement on selector switch. The present invention refers to an improvement on a selector switch mainly used in the control of electro-electronic equipment. Said improvement consists of the introduction of magnetic elements on the switch to allow the performance of movement in both directions, the control of electro-electronic equipment, and... Agent: Volpe And Koenig, P.C.
- System and methods for determining motor position: According to the invention, a method for determining the radial position of a rotatable object is disclosed. The method may include providing targets at known relative radial positions coupled with the object, where a radial distance between any two adjacent targets is substantially not equal to the radial distance between... Agent: Townsend And Townsend And Crew LLP Viasat, Inc (client #017018)
- Method of discerning water from hydrocarbon fluids using downhole nmr instruments in petroleum reservoirs with formation brine: A method for analytically separating properties of hydrocarbon materials from other materials in a downhole environment, the method including: performing nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) measurements downhole; determining a signal for sodium-23 (23Na) from the NMR measurements; and associating the 23Na signal with the other materials. A computer program product, an... Agent: Cantor Colburn, LLP
- Label-free biosensors based upon distributed feedback laser: A biosensor based upon a vertically emitting, distributed feedback (DFB) laser is disclosed. In one configuration, the DFB laser comprises a replica-molded, one- or two-dimensional dielectric grating coated with a laser dye-doped-polymer as the gain medium. A sensor is also described in which the grating layer and the active layer... Agent: Mcdonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
- Assay for identifying inhibitors of neuronal apoptotic pathways: Disclosed is an assay for identifying compounds that modulate a neuronal apoptotic pathway, the assay comprises: a) contacting HSP90 protein with a probe to form a probe: HSP90 complex, the probe being displaceable by a test compound; b) measuring a signal from the probe so as to establish a reference... Agent: Ropes & Gray LLP
- Magnetic resonance imaging apparatus and program, and rf pulse transmission method: A magnetic resonance imaging apparatus generates slice images by repeating, for a plurality of consecutive repetition times, transmitting an RF pulse to a plurality of slices and scanning the slices to acquire magnetic resonance signals generated therein, in multi-slice acquisition covering the sequential slices, the sequential slices including at least... Agent: Patrick W. Rasche (20459) Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Method and apparatus for automatically analyzing the characteristics of an elastomeric material included in a tire: A method and an apparatus for analyzing at least one material characteristic of a tire wherein nuclear magnetic resonance measuring is applied to a tread block of the tire by means of a nuclear magnetic resonance measuring system including a nuclear magnetic resonance sensor. The apparatus includes a magazine for... Agent: Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner LLP
- Methods for measurement of magnetic resonance signal perturbations: The present invention relates to methods, software and systems for monitoring fluctuations in magnetic resonance signals. These methods may be used for measurements of the human brain and nervous system, and may be used for measuring electric currents and electromagnetic fields internal to an object. This method may include the... Agent: Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- System and method of angular elliptic centric view ordering for 3d mr acquisitions: A magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) apparatus includes an MRI system having a plurality of gradient coils positioned about a bore of a magnet. An RF transceiver system and an RF switch are controlled by a pulse module to transmit and receive RF signals to and from an RF coil assembly... Agent: Ziolkowski Patent Solutions Group, Sc (gems)
- Dynamic magnetic resonance inverse imaging using linear constrained minimum variance beamformer: An fMRI scan is performed using a multi-element head coil and multi-channel receiver to acquire time course image data. One imaging gradient is eliminated from the pulse sequence used to acquire the time course image data enabling images to be acquired at a very high frame rate. The multi-channel NMR... Agent: Quarles & Brady LLP
- Conveyor system: A method of determining the mass of a moving sample is described, in which the sample is moved at a controlled velocity through a mass interrogation zone and a temperature interrogation zone, which may be upstream or downstream from the mass interrogation zone.... Agent: Inttlectual Property The Boc Group
- Control method for sar-optimized activation of a coil array: A control device for a magnetic resonance system activates the coils of a transmission array and a gradient magnet system of the magnetic resonance system by causing an excitation pulse to be supplied to each coil. A magnetization that exhibits a first actual inhomogeneity thereby is generated in an excitation... Agent: Schiff Hardin, LLP Patent Department
- Gradient coil and method to manufacture a gradient coil: In a gradient coil and a method to manufacture a gradient coil for a magnetic resonance apparatus, the gradient coil has at least one saddle coil, the saddle coil having a spatially shaped, electrically conductive plate with a line-shaped recess penetrating the plate. Conductor structures that create a gradient magnetic... Agent: Schiff Hardin, LLP Patent Department
- Method for building multi-component electromagnetic antennas: The disclosure provides a resistivity tool for use in a wellbore, wherein at least two orthogonal antennas are located at the same or substantially the same location of the tool. A single set of vertically aligned grooves is provided for the at least two orthogonal antennas. Each antenna may be... Agent: Madan & Sriram, P.C.
- Combined propagation and lateral resistivity downhole tool: A combined resistivity tool incorporating both induction/propagation antennas and lateral resistivity antennas disposed in recesses of downhole tubulars, in which a lateral resistivity antenna includes an insulating base layer disposed in the recess; a toroidal antenna disposed over the insulating base layer; and a shield disposed over the recess.... Agent: Schlumberger Oilfield Services
- Methods for magnetic imaging of geological structures: Methods for imaging geological structures include injecting magnetic materials into the geological structures, placing at least one magnetic probe in a proximity to the geological structures, generating a magnetic field in the geological structures and detecting a magnetic signal. The at least one magnetic probe may be on the surface... Agent: Winstead PC
- Cell voltage abnormality detector and cell voltage monitoring device for a multi-cell series battery: A circuit for detecting battery cell abnormalities in a multi-cell series battery for effectively and quickly detecting abnormalities with a simple, small circuit that provides improved reliability, safety and service life of the multi-cell series battery. In the voltage monitoring device 12, immediately after the start of the monitoring cycle... Agent: Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Photovoltaic cell solar simulator: Embodiments of the present invention relate to a solar simulator module of a solar cell production line. In one embodiment the solar simulator receives a solar cell module in a horizontal position and reorients the module into a vertical position. A light source is oriented to emit a flash of... Agent: Patterson & Sheridan, LLP - - Appm/tx
- Noise-reduction method for processing a test port: A noise-reduction method for processing a port is applied to a test target for testing or being burned in with software. At least one zero-Ohm resistor is provided with a first end thereof electrically connected to a device under test (DUT) of the test target and a second end thereof... Agent: Hdls Patent & Trademark Services
- Power supply circuit and test apparatus: Provided is a power supply circuit that supplies an electronic device with a supply power, including a voltage control section that outputs a control voltage that tracks an input voltage with a prescribed frequency characteristic and applies a voltage corresponding to the control voltage to the electronic device, a voltage... Agent: Jianq Chyun Intellectual Property Office
- System and method for fault isolation and leakage current detection: An inverter system for a vehicle comprising a housing, a primary stage, a secondary stage and a fault detection circuit is provided. The primary stage is configured to receive a first voltage signal from an energy power source to generate a second voltage signal. The secondary stage is configured to... Agent: Brooks Kushman P.C. / Lear Corporation
- Test apparatus of semiconductor integrated circuit and method using the same: A test apparatus includes a test fuse unit for generating a test fuse signal in response to a test mode signal during a test time and generating a test fuse signals according to a fuse cutting after a termination of the test time, a combination signal generating unit for storing... Agent: Baker & Mckenzie LLP Patent Department
- Light-assisted testing of an optoelectronic module: The present invention relates to a device for testing an optoelectronic module, comprising a first source for generating an electromagnetic beam or particle beam, a second source for illuminating the optoelectronic module; and a detector. In addition, a method for testing an optoelectronic module is provided comprising illuminating the optoelectronic... Agent: Patterson & Sheridan, L.L.P.
- Closed-grid bus architecture for wafer interconnect structure: An interconnect structure employs a closed-grid bus to link an integrated circuit tester channel to an array of input/output (I/O) pads on a semiconductor wafer so that the tester channel can concurrently communicate with all of the I/O pads. The interconnect structure includes a circuit board implementing an array of... Agent: N. Kenneth Burraston Kirton & Mcconkie
- Printed circuit board for coupling probes to a tester, and apparatus and test system using same: In one embodiment, a printed circuit board (PCB) has a first side and a second side. The second side is opposite the first side. The PCB has a plurality of first contacts that provide an interface to a tester. The PCB also has a plurality of second contacts. The second... Agent: Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Prober for testing devices in a repeat structure on a substrate: A prober for testing devices in a repeat structure on a substrate is provided with a probe holder plate, probe holders mounted on the plate, and a test probe associated with each holder. Each test probe is displaceable via a manipulator connected to a probe holder, and a substrate carrier... Agent: Heslin Rothenberg Farley & Mesiti PC
- Non-invasiv, low pin count test circuits and methods utilizing emulated stress conditions: An integrated circuit including at least one internal operational block, which includes test control circuitry for initiating a test mode and testing circuitry for verifying an operation of the integrated circuit under a more stringent condition in the test mode as compared to a condition in another operating mode such... Agent: Thompson & Knight, L.L.P. Patent Property Department
- Semiconductor device defect type determination method and structure: A semiconductor defect type determination method and structure. The method includes providing a semiconductor wafer comprising a first field effect transistor (FET) comprising a first type of structure and a second FET comprising a second different type of structure. A first procedure is performed to determine if a first current... Agent: Schmeiser, Olsen & Watts
- System for monitoring individual photovoltaic modules: A system for monitoring the power output levels for each photovoltaic module of a solar array. The system connects individual photovoltaic module with its own voltage level sensing circuit, where the power output data is transferred through wired and wireless means to be efficiently analyzed. In addition to isolating high... Agent: Greenberg & Lieberman, LLC
- Method and device for detecting interlaminar short circuits: A method for determining a short circuit between at least two stator laminates in an electrical machine having a rotor mounted on a shaft and a stator, includes rotating the rotor on the shaft relative to the stator so to pass a magnetic stator flux, varying over time, through the... Agent: Darby & Darby P.C.07/09/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Position detector: A method for diagnosing a position detector used in determining the position of a control means. The position detector includes a resistance track, and a first terminal in connection with its first end, and a second terminal in connection with second end of the resistance track, and a slide electrically... Agent: Mcdonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
- Circuit arrangement and corresponding method for voltage reference and/or for current reference: In order to further develop a circuit arrangement (100) as well as a corresponding method for voltage reference and/or for current reference in such circuit arrangement (100) in such way that any additional reference to observe the bandgap reference is not required, it is proposed to perform at least one... Agent: Nxp, B.v. Nxp Intellectual Property Department
- Zero current detector for a dc-dc converter: A zero current detector for a DC-DC converter includes a first transistor having a drain, a gate, and a source for sensing the voltage of a first terminal of a power transistor; a second transistor having a drain, a gate, and a source for sensing the voltage of a second... Agent: Stmicroelectronics, Inc.
- Apparatus, system, and method determining voltage, current, and power in a switching regulator: An apparatus, system, and method are disclosed for measuring voltage, current, and power in a power supply. The apparatus consists of a voltage measuring module which measures the peak voltage through an inductor in a switching power supply stage of the power supply for a portion of the switching period.... Agent: Kunzler & Associates
- Electrical test lead with a replaceable inline fuse: An electrical test lead for use with a multi-meter has a fuse assembly adapted to releasably hold a fuse in-line of the electrical wire connecting ends of the electrical test lead. The fuse assembly may be permanently attached to the electrical test leads or may be releasably attached at one... Agent: Bowman & Associates
- Methods and apparatus for angular position sensing using multiple quadrature signals from frequency independent sinusoids: A sensor minimizes effects of sensor element misalignment with respect to a magnet. In one embodiment, a sensor comprises a magnet, first, second, third, and fourth sensor elements positioned in relation to the magnet, and a signal processing module to process output signals from the first, second, third, and fourth... Agent: Daly, Crowley, Mofford & Durkee, LLP
- Inductive displacement detector: A detector for measuring relative position along a measurement path comprising: a passive, laminar electrical intermediate device extending along the measurement path wherein the extent of the said electrical intermediate device in an axis normal to the measurement path varies along the measurement axis; at least one laminar transmit winding... Agent: Renner Otto Boisselle & Sklar, LLP
- Internal instrumentation system for a nuclear reactor, the system having an advanced electronic card, and a corresponding method of modifying an internal instrumentation system of a nuclear reactor: This internal instrumentation system (3) for a nuclear reactor comprises at least: a probe (7) for measuring the neutron flux in the core (5) of the nuclear reactor; a displacement cable (9) for moving the probe inside the core (5); a rotary drive device (35) for the displacement cable (9);... Agent: Connolly Bove Lodge & Hutz LLP
- Reel shaft of barcode printer: A reel shaft sensor is provided for a barcode printer and is applied to a reel shaft of the barcode printer. The reel shaft sensor device includes a plurality of magnetic elements and at least one magnetic sensor. The reel shaft has an end to which a connection member is... Agent: Rosenberg, Klein & Lee
- Method and system for generating and receiving torsional guided waves in a structure using wiedemann and inverse wiedmann effect: A method is shown for magnetostrictive testing of structures using magnetostrictive techniques. A torsional guided wave is generated in the structure either directly, or through a magnetostrictive strip dry coupled or bonded to the structure. A permanent magnetic field is created by either permanent magnets or DC current for a... Agent: Ted D. Lee Gunn & Lee, P.C.
- Arrangement for non-contact defined movement of at least one magnetic body: The invention relates to an arrangement for the non-contact defined movement of at least one magnetic body, free to move in at least one dimension. A simple arrangement of this type, taking up a reduced volume, of universal application, for both positioning and orientation and also for energy generation and... Agent: Jordan And Hamburg LLP
- Magnetic detection circuit: A magnetic detection element is employed. An output voltage from the magnetic detection element is amplified by an amplifying circuit. A switch circuit is connected between the magnetic detection element and the amplifying circuit. The switch circuit reverses the polarity of the output voltage from the magnetic detection element selectively... Agent: Turocy & Watson, LLP
- Joint compression of multiple echo trains using principal component analysis and independent component analysis: NMR spin echo signals are acquired downhole. Principal Component Analysis is used to represent the signals by a weighted combination of the principal components and these weights are telemetered to the surface. At the surface, the NMR spin echo signals are recovered and inverted to give formation properties.... Agent: Madan & Sriram, P.C.
- Field map estimation for species separation: A method for mapping field inhomogeneity for forming a magnetic resonance image is provided. A magnetic resonance excitation is applied. A plurality of k-space echoes signals is acquired. A periodic cost function is calculated from the acquired plurality of k-space echo signals. A period of the calculated periodic cost function... Agent: Beyer Law Group LLP
- Split-echo with fractional temporal-interpolation: An MRI to form an image of a patient includes at least one emitting coil which produces RF pulses and gradients. The MRI includes a controller in communication with the emitting coil for obtaining a steady-state image of the patient, where gradient areas balance to zero for each time repetition... Agent: Ansel M. Schwartz Attorney At Law
- Magnetic resonance imaging apparatus and magnetic resonance imaging method: A magnetic resonance imaging apparatus includes a generation unit configured to generate a magnetic field, a reconstruction unit configured to reconstruct an image for a subject on the basis of a magnetic resonance signal radiated from the subject in the magnetic field, a presumption unit configured to presume a distribution... Agent: Nixon & Vanderhye, PC
- Cryogenic cooling of mri/nmr coils using integrated microfluidic channels: The present invention includes an assembly with a magnet for magnetic resonance having a substrate with an imaging surface and an opening within the substrate adjacent the imaging surface. The present invention enhances the sensitivity and reduces the acquisition time of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)... Agent: Chalker Flores, LLP
- Nmr probe: An NMR probe is provided that prevents homogeneity of the static magnetic field from being reduced in a sensitive area of an RF coil used for measuring an NMR signal. The RF coil is wound around a bobbin, and mounted on the NMR probe. In the NMR probe, a substance... Agent: Antonelli, Terry, Stout & Kraus, LLP
- Receiving device for a magnetic resonance imaging system: A receiving device for an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) system has multiple receiving coils. In the same imaging acceleration direction, a junction region is formed between adjacent receiving coils. An additional receiving coil is arranged on the junction region. The additional receiving coil covers at least partially a line of... Agent: Schiff Hardin, LLP Patent Department
- Downhole sensor interrogation employing coaxial cable: The present invention is directed to methods and systems for oil field downhole sensing and communication during drilling and/or production, wherein such methods and systems utilize coaxial cable to transmit electromagnetic (EM) energy, continuously or as a pulse, to passive downhole sensors.... Agent: Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, LLP
- Method and apparatus for controlling battery: An apparatus for controlling a battery includes a capacitor for charging a voltage when the apparatus is on and discharging a voltage when the apparatus is off, a discharging circuit for discharging the voltage charged in the capacitor; a first switching unit for connecting or disconnecting the capacitor to/from a... Agent: Birch Stewart Kolasch & Birch
- Abnormal voltage detector apparatus for detecting voltage abnormality in assembled battery: An abnormal voltage detector apparatus is provided for an assembled battery including a plurality of battery blocks connected in series to each other. In the abnormal voltage detector apparatus, a detecting part detects whether or not each of the battery blocks is in a voltage abnormality state by comparing either... Agent: Workman Nydegger 1000 Eagle Gate Tower
- Detection systems: An IMS system or the like has dopant contained in a way such that it is only released when needed. The dopant could be contained in a device (50) similar to an ink-jet printer and released as droplets (55) when required. Alternatively, the dopant could be trapped in material (156)... Agent: Foley And Lardner LLP Suite 500
- Method and apparatus to verify the proper connection of loads before applying full dc power: A DC power source or DC switching device that uses a test signal to verify the proper connection of the load (or loads) at its output prior to applying full power to the output. This method and apparatus inserts a low power or low energy test signal at the output... Agent: Brown & Michaels, PC 400 M & T Bank Building
- Testing system for electricity safety and a testing method therefor: A system for testing the safety of electricity includes steps as following. First step is inserting a testing apparatus into a socket of utility power. Second step is providing a first amplifier and rectifier unit for measuring a first voltage wave as no-loading. Third step is providing a signal capturing... Agent: Nikolai & Mersereau, P.A.
- Method for calibrating a real-time load-pull system: A calibration procedure for a real-time load-pull system whereby the signal passes through at least one of the tuners of said real-time load-pull system. A calibration standard is connected to the test ports and an electromagnetic wave signal passes through one of the tuners before passing through the wave sensing... Agent: Jan Verspecht B.v.b.a.
- Methods and systems for detecting a capacitance using switched charge transfer techniques: Methods, systems and devices are described for detecting a measurable capacitance using charge transfer techniques. According to various embodiments, a charge transfer process is performed for two or more times. During the charge transfer process, a pre-determined voltage is applied to the measurable capacitance, and the measurable capacitance is then... Agent: Ingrassia Fisher & Lorenz, P.C. (syna)
- Switched capacitor measurement circuit for measuring the capacitance of an input capacitor: A switched capacitor measurement circuit is provided for measuring the capacitance of an input capacitor with a parallel parasitic resistor. The circuit comprises a switching arrangement, a reference capacitor, a steered current sink and an operational amplifier with an output, a non-inverting input connected to a reference voltage source and... Agent: Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Method and device for electrically determining the thickness of semiconductor membranes by means of an energy input: A method and device for determining the thicknesses of semiconductor membranes uses electrical measurements. Energy is coupled into the membrane in a defined manner and the membrane thickness is determined from the distribution or diffusion of the energy. A change of state of the membrane is detected by measuring electroconductivity... Agent: Stevens & Showalter LLP
- Inspection method, inspection apparatus, and polarization method for piezoelectric element: A method for inspecting a piezoelectric element includes first-inspection-signal application step of applying to the piezoelectric element a first inspection signal Vp(1) having a first predetermined voltage waveform; first-characteristic-value measurement step of measuring, as a first characteristic value, an electrical characteristic value of the piezoelectric element after application of the... Agent: Burr & Brown
- Bond reinforcement layer for probe test cards: A probe card assembly includes a substrate and a plurality of probes bonded to a surface of the substrate. The probe card assembly also includes a reinforcing layer provided on the surface of the substrate. The reinforcing layer is in contact with a lower portion of each of the probes,... Agent: Hickman Palermo Truong & Becker, LLP
- Probe card and manufacturing method thereof: A probe card usable at a higher temperature and a manufacturing method thereof are provided. Each of the junction interfaces of the contact probes and the electrode pads is made from the same metal material, wherein each of the junction interfaces is irradiated with ions in vacuum to remove impurities,... Agent: Rader Fishman & Grauer PLLC
- Test apparatus, probe card, and test method: There is provided a test apparatus for testing a device under test. The test apparatus includes a plurality of drivers that respectively output a plurality of test signals to a same terminal of the device under test so as to supply, to the same terminal of the device under test,... Agent: Jianq Chyun Intellectual Property Office
- Vertical probe and methods of fabricating and bonding the same: Disclosed is a vertical probe and methods of fabricating and bonding the same. The probe is comprised of a contactor equipped with two tips, a connector electrically linking with a measuring terminal of a measurement system, And a bump connecting the contactor to the connector and buffing physical stress to... Agent: Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C
- Apparatus for testing semiconductor device package and multilevel pusher thereof: A semiconductor package testing apparatus comprises a test substrate that electrically tests a semiconductor package chip; a socket having an electrical contact between the test substrate and the semiconductor package; an insert block inserted into the socket, wherein the semiconductor package is mounted to the insert block; and a pusher... Agent: Mills & Onello LLP
- Semiconductor device with fault detection function: A semiconductor device (1) detecting damage to the peripheral part of a chip which could potentially grow into a defect includes: a wire (3) formed along the outer periphery of a semiconductor chip (2d) to detect damage; a detection circuit (4) provided in the semiconductor chip (2) to supply a... Agent: Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C
- Test circuit for a semiconductor integrated circuit: A test circuit includes an output control section for generating a plurality of output buffer control signals in response to a plurality of data masking signals when a test mode signal is activated in read operation; and a data output buffer for masking some of data input and output pins... Agent: Baker & Mckenzie LLP Patent Department
- Burn-in-board architecture and integrated circuit device transfer method: The present invention implements a mechanism using an inter-connection layer to couple a plurality of integrated circuit devices to a printed circuit board, thereby eliminating the need for sockets to hold the integrated circuit devices on the printed circuit board. The mechanism of the present invention is operative for integrated... Agent: Texas Instruments Incorporated07/02/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- cable detection system: A cable detection system, includes a source of an input electrical AC signal for coupling to a first lead pin of a cable connector. A detector is coupled to a different second lead pin of the cable connector. The detector detects an electrical AC output signal derived by capacitive coupling... Agent: Jack Schwartz & Associates, PLLC
- Method for distinguishing a first group of wires from other wires of a multi-wire cable, test connector for use in this method and a kit comprising such a multi-wire cable and test connector: The present invention relates to a method for distinguishing a first group of wires from other wires of a multi-wire cable, i.e. a method for identifying those wires of a multi-wire cable which belong to one group. Moreover, the present invention relates to a test connector for use in the... Agent: 3m Innovative Properties Company
- Formation of layers of amphiphilic molecules: To form a layer separating two volumes of aqueous solution, there is used an apparatus comprising elements defining a chamber, the elements including a body of non-conductive material having formed therein at least one recess opening into the chamber, the recess containing an electrode. A pre-treatment coating of a hydrophobic... Agent: Baker Botts L.L.P. Patent Department
- Monitoring a protective device arranged upstream of a switching device: There is described a method and a system for monitoring a protective apparatus, which is connected upstream of a switching device and is connected to the switching device via at least one main current path. The wiring complexity for monitoring of the protective apparatus is minimized. This is achieved by... Agent: Siemens Corporation Intellectual Property Department
- System, method, and apparatus for monitoring characteristics of rf power: A system and method for monitoring RF power is described. In one embodiment the system samples RF power that is generated by an RF generator to obtain RF signals that include information indicative of electrical characteristics at a plurality of particular frequencies that fall within a frequency range. The RF... Agent: Neugeboren O''dowd PC
- Method and apparatus for monitoring voltage in a meter network: Methods and systems are provided for monitoring input voltages to meters that are in a wireless metering network. A plurality of entries can be created that include voltage-related information, such as a maximum input voltage or a minimum input voltage. Each meter can further determine whether the input voltage is... Agent: Woodcock Washburn LLP
- Current measuring apparatus: A current measuring apparatus is disclosed. The current measuring apparatus comprises a power supply unit, an impedance setting module, and a current measuring unit. The power supply unit is adapted to provide an electric power to an electronic apparatus. The impedance setting module is adapted to provide at least one... Agent: Grossman, Tucker, Perreault & Pfleger, PLLC
- differential probe device for measuring electrical differential signals and methods for measuring signals using a differential probe device: A differential probe device is provided that has a scissor-type configuration that allows the inter-tip ground path length to be very short, thereby ensuring that the probe device will have a small ground inductance. Providing the probe device with a small ground inductance ensures that the ground inductance will not... Agent: Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Test handler, method for loading and manufacturing packaged chips, and method for transferring test trays: A test handler, a packaged chip loading method, a test tray transferring method, and a packaged chip manufacturing method are provided. The test handler may include a loading unit, a chamber system, an unloading unit, at least one rotating unit and a transferring unit. The loading unit may include a... Agent: Ked & Associates, LLP
- Portable electronic device with electronic compass and method for calibrating compass: A calibrating method for a portable electronic device having azimuth device such as an electronic compass is disclosed. The calibrating method can be achieved by checking at least one sensor in the portable device incorporating the electronic compass configured in the portable device, so as to effectively detect and verify... Agent: North America Intellectual Property Corporation
- Resolver apparatus and angle detection device and method of resolver: A resolver apparatus having a high detection precision detecting angle signals from signals detected at a resolver (7) and detecting a velocity signal from the detected angle signals. Utilizing the fact that an error waveform of a resolver is comprised of predetermined n-th order components inherent to the resolver and... Agent: Dla Piper LLP Us
- Optical fiber system and method for wellhole sensing of fluid flow using diffraction effect of faraday crystal: A system and method for optically determining the rate and/or direction of fluid flow in a conduit within wellholes, using the diffraction effect of Faraday crystals through which continuous light is transmitted within optical fibers.... Agent: Schlumberger K.k.
- System and method for the nondestructive testing of elongate bodies and their weldbond joints: An arrangement for testing an elongated body 1 or a welded and bonded joint in the body for faults 60 has a device 4, 5 for production of an eddy current in the elongated body 1 or its welded and bonded joint. At least one magnetic field sensor 7 for... Agent: Sughrue Mion, PLLC
- Magnetic crash sensor: At least one time-varying signal is applied to a plurality of coil elements in cooperative relationship with and spanning different portions of a vehicle. The coil elements generate an associated plurality of magnetic field components that interact with the vehicle. At least one detection circuit generates a detected signal responsive... Agent: Raggio & Dinnin, P.C.
- Metal detection device: There is provided a metal detection device capable of effectively detecting a metal mixed in food or the like by generating AC magnetic field simultaneously tuned to respective frequencies by a single transmission coil in response to frequency components of different frequencies without switching an element by a switch or... Agent: Pearne & Gordon LLP
- Integrated circuit including a magnetic field sensitive element and a coil: An integrated circuit includes a die and a first magnetic field sensitive element formed on the die. The integrated circuit includes a first coil formed on the die and around the first magnetic field sensitive element.... Agent: Dicke, Billig & Czaja
- Time-lapsed diffusivity logging for monitoring enhanced oil recovery: The use of time-lapsed NMR diffusivity measurements in an observation well is disclosed. The observation well is cased in the zone of interest with non-magnetic and non-conductive casing that is invisible to the NMR tool. Second, because NMR measurements have a dead zone in front of the antenna depending on... Agent: Schlumberger Oilfield Services
- Method and apparatus for magnetic resonance analysis: A method of magnetic resonance analysis of a body having therein at least one molecular species and water is disclosed. The method comprises, subtracting magnetic resonance signals induced by a second radiofrequency pulse sequence from magnetic resonance signals induced by a first radiofrequency pulse sequence followed by a evolution period.... Agent: Martin D. Moynihan Prtsi
- Apparatus and method for varying magnetic field strength in magnetic resonance measurements: Apparatus and method for varying field strength in a magnetic resonance system while keeping a relatively uniform magnetic field distribution. In an embodiment, a two-pole, generally u-shaped magnet assembly generates a static and uniform magnetic field. The magnet assembly includes two facing magnet poles separated by an air gap. Holes... Agent: General Electric Company Ge Global Patent Operation
- Mri test fixture: In one example, a magnetic resonance imaging (“MRI”) system comprises a magnetic resonance imaging assembly defining a gap region, a transmitting coil proximate the gap region, and at least one test coil separate from the transmitting coil. The at least one coil is mechanically coupled to the assembly during imaging... Agent: Brandon N. Sklar. Esq. (patent Prosecution) Kaye Scholer, LLP
- Ferromagnetic detection enhancer: An apparatus for increasing the ability to detect ferromagnetic objects by increasing the magnetization of the objects. The apparatus includes at least one coil to generate a magnetic field positioned in the area of the object to be detected. The apparatus includes an electrical energy storage capacitor bank capable of... Agent: Pearne & Gordon LLP
- Folded gradient terminal board end connector: A folded gradient terminal board end connector includes a multi-layer terminal connection board having a plurality of connection paths and vias configured to provide intercrossing between a plurality of folded gradient coils and further to provide symmetry between the plurality of folded gradient coils without spatial interference between folded portions... Agent: General Electric Company Global Research
- Method and system for monitoring an underground electric cable: In a method and system for monitoring an underground cable in a site of interest, multiple samples of magnetic field data and corresponding location data are collected periodically over a sampling period of extended time. The magnetic field data samples and corresponding location data are processed to determine respective topologies... Agent: Browdy And Neimark, P.l.l.c. 624 Ninth Street, Nw
- Method of and apparatus for measuring tensor resistivity: An induction or propagation apparatus for performing measuring the tensor resistivity of a sample of matter includes a non-conductive, generally cylindrical tubular member adapted to receive the matter therein, a triaxial transmitter, at least one triaxial receiver, and an electronic module. The electronic module is adapted to energize the triaxial... Agent: Schlumberger Oilfield Services
- Characterization of formations using electrokinetic measurements: A method for characterization of a formation that includes inducing fluid motion in a formation while making electronic measurements.... Agent: Schlumberger K.k.
- Adaptive array wireless communication apparatus and method of same: An adaptive array wireless communication apparatus able to suitably select antenna elements, small in amount of processing, fast in convergence speed, and suitable for transmission/reception, and a method of the same, which controls the directionalities of array antenna elements based on array weights, controls an antenna element selecting unit 23... Agent: Hogan & Hartson L.L.P.
- Short circuit detection for batteries: A method and apparatus for short circuit detection for batteries. Some embodiments of a method include receiving a battery pack in a system, where the battery pack is rechargeable and includes multiple battery cell blocks, each cell block including one or more battery cells. The voltages of the plurality of... Agent: Intel/bstz Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman LLP
- Electrostatic discharge event and transient signal detection and measurement device and method: An electrostatic discharge (ESD) event and transient signal detection and measurement device and method are described. The device and method are able to distinguish between an ESD event and other non-ESD events.... Agent: 3m Innovative Properties Company
- Method and device for detecting ground faults in a supply cable: A method for detecting a ground fault of a multi-phase energy supply cable carrying alternating current includes determining an average potential of the energy supply cable, entering the average potential or a variable derived therefrom into an evaluation unit, and comparing the average potential or the variable derived from the... Agent: Lerner Greenberg Stemer LLP
- High voltage cable testing method: A method of testing a cabling system is disclosed. The method may include discharging an input filter capacitor associated with an accessory component, charging an accessory bus capacitor to a desired voltage level, and connecting the accessory bus capacitor to the input filter capacitor. The method may also include continuously... Agent: Caterpillar/finnegan, Henderson, L.L.P.
- Apparatus and method for test, characterization, and calibration of microprocessor-based and digital signal processor-based integrated circuit digital delay lines: A circuit board with a processing unit and a delay line with a controllable number of delay elements fabricated thereon includes apparatus for testing and calibrating the delay line elements. In the test mode, a calibrated pulse is delayed by the delay line while determining the logic state of pulse... Agent: Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Motherboard testing apparatus: A motherboard testing apparatus for automatically turning on or off a motherboard includes a pulse signal generating circuit for outputting a pulse signal, a first control circuit for outputting a first control signal to an I/O controller on the motherboard according to the pulse signal, and a second control circuit.... Agent: PCe Industry, Inc. Att. Steven Reiss
- Test apparatus for determining if adjacent contacts are short-circuited and semiconductor integrated circuit devices that include such test apparatus: A test apparatus includes a plurality of pairs of test contacts on a semiconductor substrate; a first test structure which includes a plurality of first test interconnection layers and a first body interconnection layer that is electrically connected to the first test interconnection layers, each of the first test interconnection... Agent: Myers Bigel Sibley & Sajovec
- Voltage variance tester: An exemplary voltage variance tester includes a first to a third testing circuits each comprising an adjustable power source and an electrical switch; a first to a third signal generators providing a first to a third signals respectively; a connector having a first to a third terminals connected to the... Agent: PCe Industry, Inc. Att. Steven Reiss
- Test method for a variable capacitance measuring system: A method for testing a variable capacitance measurement system including a fixed voltage source, a variable capacitance sensor, and a circuit to process information output by this sensor. The method connects an electrically controllable electronic simulation device to replace the variable capacitance sensor, models the electrophysical behaviour of the sensor,... Agent: Oblon, Spivak, Mcclelland Maier & Neustadt, P.C.
- Method and apparatus for determining an interfering field strength in an aircraft: In order to enable direct and reliable determination of interfering field strength in an aircraft and assessment of the electromagnetic vulnerability of the communications system in the aircraft depending on the results of the determination, either a predetermined transmission signal is fed in at least one leaky line between outer... Agent: Perman & Green
- Systems and method for classifying a substance: A method for classifying a substance is provided. The method includes transmitting an electromagnetic signal at the substance, measuring a portion of the electromagnetic signal reflected by the substance, determining a reflection coefficient of the substance using the measured portion of the electromagnetic signal, and outputting a classification of the... Agent: Patrick W. Rasche (22697) Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Dynamic range recovery for pulse-modulated measurements: A system composed of an RF input, a receiver system and, connected in series between the RF input and the receiver, an amplifier, a gate switch and a bandpass filter. The receiver system is operable to determine the characteristic of the DUT based on an RF input signal received from... Agent: Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Electric potential sensor: The invention provides an electric potential sensor, comprising at least one detection electrode arranged for capacitive coupling with a sample under test and for generating a measurement signal, and a sensor amplifier adapted to receive the measurement signal as input and to supply an amplified detection signal as output. Input... Agent: Brooks Kushman P.C.
- Pulsed capacitance measuring circuits and methods: Capacitance measuring circuits and methods apply electrical charge pulses to ramp voltage signals across a voltage threshold, and use the number of pulses to determine the capacitance. Capacitances at multiple locations can be measured by storing a pulse counter value in a register associated with each voltage signal channel as... Agent: 3m Innovative Properties Company
- Time-sloped capacitance measuring circuits and methods: Time-sloped capacitance measuring circuits use the time to ramp voltage signals between reference levels to determine an unknown capacitance, where the ramping time is determined by the cumulative whole number of clock cycles counted during voltage signal ramping over multiple ramp cycles. Measurement resolution can be improved by adjusting a... Agent: 3m Innovative Properties Company
- Thermal effect and off-center load compensation of a sensor: A method and system of thermal effect and off-center load compensation of a sensor are disclosed. In one embodiment, a sensor includes a first conductive surface and a second conductive surface substantially parallel to the first conductive surface, a processing and communication zone of the first conductive surface and the... Agent: Raj Abhyanker LLP C/o Intellevate
- Fluid measuring apparatus: The invention provides a fluid measuring apparatus, which includes a collector, a sensing circuit, and an electrochromic device electrically connected to the sensing circuit. When the concentration of a fluid flowing through the collector and between the sensing circuit varies, the color of the electrochromic device changes accordingly. Further, the... Agent: Morris Manning Martin LLP
- Methods and apparatus for open lamp detection in electronic circuits: Methods and apparatus for open lamp detection in electronic circuits are disclosed. An example apparatus to perform open circuit detection associated with an electrical component included in a device disclosed herein comprises a sampling circuit to attempt to pull a sampling current through the electrical component during initialization of the... Agent: Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Systems and arrangements for sensing current with a low loss sense element: In some embodiments, the arrangement includes a sense element to convey a current from a source to a load and a compensation element located proximate to the sense element. The compensation element has a resistance that changes proportional to a change in temperature of the sense element. In several embodiments,... Agent: Schubert, Osterrieder & Nickelson, PLLC C/o Cpa Global
- Testing apparatus and method for detecting a contact deficiency of an electrically conductive connection: A testing apparatus and a method for detecting a contact deficiency of an electrically conductive connection. The testing apparatus comprises a measuring chamber, in which several system elements of the connection that are connected in an electrically conductive fashion are positioned, a heat radiator that is supplied with energy and... Agent: Lerner, David, Littenberg, Krumholz & Mentlik
- Controlled impedance structures for high density interconnections: An interconnection structure suitable for use as an IC package, probe head or other electrical termination of high density where uninterrupted controlled impedance is desired is described.... Agent: Tpl/interconnect Portfolio, LLC
- Electrical probe: Methods, devices, and systems for probing electrical circuits without loading the circuits are described herein. One embodiment of an electrical probe includes a coaxial cable having an inner conductor and an outer conductor, an extension portion of the inner conductor extending beyond the outer conductor at a probe end of... Agent: Brooks, Cameron & Huebsch , PLLC
- Wafer level testing: A wafer comprises a kerf region and a test chip. The kerf is a region in a wafer designated to be destroyed by chip dicing. The test chip is located within the kerf region and is configured to provide parametric data for a wafer fabrication process of a head. The... Agent: Hitachi C/o Wagner Blecher LLP
- Probe card: Provided is a probe card capable of surely bringing probes into contact with a contact object regardless of a temperature environment of a test. To achieve the object, the probe card includes a plurality of probes that are made of a conductive material and come into contact with electrode pads... Agent: Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
- Method and apparatus for dynamic characterization of reliability wearout mechanisms: A method and apparatus for dynamic characterization of reliability wearout mechanisms is disclosed. The system comprises an integrated circuit incorporating a device under test to be measured, structure for inputting a waveform to the device under test for a first predetermined time interval, structure for disabling the inputting of the... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation Dept. 18g
- Semiconductor integrated circuit device which has first chip and second chip accessed via the first chip and test method thereof: A semiconductor integrated circuit device includes a first chip including an internal circuit, and a second chip capable of being accessed only via the first chip, and a test processor circuit electrically connected internally via the first chip, for accessing the second chip from an external terminal and testing the... Agent: Mcginn Intellectual Property Law Group, PLLC
- Test pattern for analyzing capacitance of interconnection line: Disclosed is a test pattern for analyzing capacitances of interconnection lines that accounts for parasitic capacitance components. The test pattern includes a first metal line having a comb-type structure including a plurality of tines, a second metal line having a comb-type structure including a plurality of tines engaged with the... Agent: Workman Nydegger 1000 Eagle Gate Tower
- Contactless testing of wafer characteristics: Systems and methods are provided for contactless testing of a wafer containing at least one integrated circuit. A test component responds to a supply voltage to indicate at least one property of the wafer. A voltage source wirelessly receives power from an external source and produces the supply voltage. A... Agent: Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Semiconductor chip test apparatus and testing method: A semiconductor chip test apparatus includes a plurality of power supply units, each supplying power to a semiconductor chip having a power input terminal, and a tester configured to measure an output current of at least one of the plurality of power supply units, and to generate a switching control... Agent: Workman Nydegger 1000 Eagle Gate Tower
- System and method for testing a liquid crystal panel: A method for testing a liquid crystal panel is provided. The method simulates an outside force endured by the liquid crystal panel when the liquid crystal panel is assembled as a finished product, so that unqualified liquid crystal panels can be detected before the finished product is put into use.... Agent: PCe Industry, Inc. Att. Steven ReissPrevious industry: Electricity: power supply or regulation systems
Next industry: Electronic digital logic circuitry
RSS FEED for 20150611:
Integrate FreshPatents.com into your RSS reader/aggregator or website to track weekly updates.
For more info, read this article.
Thank you for viewing Electricity: measuring and testing patents on the FreshPatents.com website. These are patent applications which have been filed in the United States. There are a variety ways to browse Electricity: measuring and testing patent applications on our website including browsing by date, agent, inventor, and industry. If you are interested in receiving occasional emails regarding Electricity: measuring and testing patents we recommend signing up for free keyword monitoring by email.
Advertise on FreshPatents.com - Rates & Info
FreshPatents.com Support - Terms & Conditions
Results in 0.23262 seconds