|Dynamic magnetic information storage or retrieval patents - Monitor Patents|
USPTO Class 360 | Browse by Industry: Previous - Next | All
05/2011 | Recent | 15: May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 14: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 13: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 12: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | April | Mar | Feb | Jan | 11: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 10: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | | 09: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jl | Jn | May | Apr | Mar | Fb | Jn | | 2008 | 2007 |
Dynamic magnetic information storage or retrieval May archived by USPTO category 05/11Below are recently published patent applications awaiting approval from the USPTO. Recent week's RSS XML file available below.
Listing for abstract view: USPTO application #, Title, Abstract excerpt,Patent Agent. Listing format for list view: USPTO National Class full category number, title of the patent application. 05/26/2011 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Tape recorder and tape recording that increases empty tape area without loss of necessary data: Provided is a tape recorder that has a tape including at least one partition and that controls access to the tape. The tape recorder includes: means for identifying a position of data on the tape; means for sequentially reading necessary data areas in the data; means for sequentially copying the... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Localized dispersed storage memory system: A method begins by a processing module receiving data to store and determining error coding dispersal storage function parameters. The method continues with the processing module encoding at least a portion of the data in accordance with the error coding dispersal storage function parameters to produce a set of data... Agent: Cleversafe, Inc.
- Storage device: The present invention makes is possible to appropriately set the power saving control of the storage device from the management device of the storage device. In addition, the storage device executes control of the power saving for the magnetic disk device after ensuring consistency between an instruction from the administrator... Agent:
- Magnetic recording medium using layers having higher- and lower-hk anisotropic magnetic fields: According to one embodiment, a magnetic recording medium includes a magnetic recording layer formed above a substrate, comprising: a first magnetic layer formed from a [Co/Pt]n multilayered film, wherein the first magnetic layer has a face-centered cubic (fcc) (111) crystal structure, the (111) direction being perpendicular to a film surface... Agent: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Netherlands B.v.
- Manufacturing method of magnetic recording medium, magnetic recording medium, and information storage device: A manufacturing method of a magnetic recording medium includes: forming a magnetic film having an artificial lattice structure by laminating plural types of atomic layers alternately on a substrate; and separating dots, which forms a dot separation band by implanting an ion, to reduce saturation magnetization locally, into portions of... Agent: Ulvac, Inc.
- Storing and locating a self-describing storage cartridge: Embodiments of the invention relate to storing and locating a self-describing storage cartridge. An aspect of the invention includes a system for storing and locating a self-describing storage cartridge. The system includes a storage cartridge. The storage cartridge includes a first storage module configured to store data objects. The storage... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Dual spindle storage device: An apparatus and associated method are provided whereby first and second spindles operably rotate first and second overlapping storage discs, respectively. First and second data transfer members are operably disposed adjacent storage areas of the respective storage discs. An edge of the first disc moves in a prescribed close spatial... Agent: Seagate Technology LLC
- Spindle motor and disk drive apparatus: A stator portion of a spindle motor includes a substantially cup-shaped base member including a bottom portion expanding in a radial direction, and a wall portion extending upwards from an outer edge portion of the bottom portion. A circuit board is fixed to a lower surface of the base member... Agent: Nidec Corporation
- Spindle motor, disk drive apparatus and method for manufacturing the spindle motor: A hub includes first and second side surfaces respectively opposed to inner and outer circumferential surfaces of an upper portion of a magnetic member, and a ceiling surface arranged to interconnect an upper ends of the first and second side surfaces. The adhesive agent is interposed between the inner circumferential... Agent: Nidec Corporation
- Hard-disk drive with vapor-phase lubricant supply system: A hard-disk drive. The hard-disk drive includes a disk enclosure, a magnetic-recording disk accommodated in the disk enclosure, and a diffusion suppressing film. The diffusion suppressing film divides the space in the disk enclosure into a first space where the magnetic-recording disk is disposed and a second space for retaining... Agent:
- Write hole of a head slider in a hard disk drive: A head slider for supporting a head over a magnetic disk in a hard disk drive, and a method of making the head slider are disclosed. The tail section of the head slider has a deep write hole that may improve the altitude performance of the head slider by minimizing... Agent:
- Magnetic disk device having mechanism for detecting projections on recording medium: A thin film magnetic head includes a medium projection detection mechanism that detects a projection on the surface of a recording medium. The medium projection detection mechanism has a discharging electrode, a capacitor, and an input line and an output line that are connected to the discharging electrode. The discharging... Agent: Tdk Corporation
- Magnetoresistance sensors pinned by an etch induced magnetic anisotropy: Magnetoresistance sensors with magnetic pinned layers that are pinned by anisotropic etch induced magnetic anisotropies and methods for fabricating the magnetoresistance sensors are provided. The method comprises forming a seed layer structure. The seed layer is etched to form an anisotropic etch along a top surface of the seed layer.... Agent:05/19/2011 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Magnetic head slider testing apparatus and magnetic head slider testing method: A step portion for mounting a row bar is provided at a table stepping down from the face of the table, and by lowering a pair of hooks crossing over the step portion in its width direction, a row bar held by the hooks is mounted on the step portion.... Agent: Hitachi High-technologies Corporation
- Recording control device and recording control method: A recording control device includes a recording unit, and generates a conversion rule by determining the number of divisions into which the total number of sectors is to be divided, an area to which data is to be moved, and a start position of a sector, based on a key... Agent: Fujitsu Limited
- Magnetic head having a multilayer magnetic film and method for producing the same: According to one embodiment, a method for producing a magnetic head includes depositing a first film above a substrate, etching a pattern into the first film, depositing a second film on the etched portion of the first film, and depositing a third film above the first and second film to... Agent: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Netherlands B.v.
- Transport speed adjustment device, transport speed adjustment method and transport speed adjustment program for adjusting transport speed of tape medium: A tape drive capable of switching the transport speed of a tape medium among multilevel speeds calculates a data transfer rate from/to a host device, and selects an adjustment mode of the transport speed of the tape medium from a constant speed mode and a speed switch mode according to... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Adjusting recording density in a circumferential direction: Approaches for adjusting the recording density of a recording medium in a circumferential direction are disclosed. A hard-disk drive includes one or more electronic components configured to divide a track, of a plurality of concentric tracks on a magnetic-recording disk, into a plurality of portions, and write data to each... Agent:
- Contactless method for power and communications in a tape library: A tape library is provided with a fixed coupling mechanism so that the tape library includes discrete locations via which power and communication are provided to an accessor. The use of such a coupling mechanism in a vertical tape library allows for the use of gravity to ensure that the... Agent:
- Disk drive device having function of discharging static electricity: A bearing unit includes a shaft and a hub as a conductive rotating body that supports a recording disk. Also, the bearing unit includes a conductive resin housing configured to surround at least part of the shaft to support the shaft and to be able to conduct electricity to the... Agent: Alphana Technology Co., Ltd.
- Magnetic recording medium and magnetic recording/reproducing device: The present invention relates to a perpendicular magnetic recording medium including at least a backing layer, an orientation control layer, a magnetic recording layer and a protective layer provided on top of a non-magnetic substrate, wherein the orientation control layer is composed of two or more layers including a seed... Agent: Showa Denko K.k.
- Optimized write pole flare angle for side shield or semi side shield pmr writer application: Improved writability and a reduction in adjacent track erasure are achieved in a PMR writer with a large flare angle of 45 and 90 degrees in the main write pole and a full side shield or partial side shield configuration around the narrow write pole section and write pole tip.... Agent: Headway Technologies, Inc.
- Disk drive device equipped with a bearing unit relatively rotatably supporting a hub against base member: A disk drive device has a hub so configured as to place and hold recording disks. Where the non-rotating eigenfrequency of resonance in a secondary rocking mode with the recording disks placed on the hub is defined to be F0 (Hz) and the rotational frequency of the hub is defined... Agent: Alphana Technology Co., Ltd.
- Head-slider including thin-film magnetic-recording head having reduced thermal protrusion: A head-slider. The head-slider includes a slider, and a thin-film magnetic-recording head. The thin-film magnetic-recording head includes: a read element; a write element; a non-magnetic insulating protective layer disposed around both read and write elements; a resist disposed at a position further away from an air-bearing surface than the read... Agent:
- Magnetic head with integrated write driver: An apparatus comprises a slider body, a transducer and a write driver. The transducer comprises a writer. The write driver is integrated on the slider body, and directly connected to the writer.... Agent: Seagate Technology LLC
- Magnetic write head design using permanent magnets and exchange spring mechanism: A magnetic recording head includes a write pole and a first permanent magnet. The write pole has a write pole tip, a leading edge, a trailing edge, a first side and a second side. The first permanent magnet is located either at the trailing edge of the write pole, the... Agent: Seagate Technology LLC05/12/2011 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Writing and reading multi-layer continuous magnetic recording media, with more than two recording layers: A method and apparatus for writing magnetization states in magnetic layers of a multi-layer continuous magnetic recording medium with more than two recording levels and a method and apparatus for reading readback pulse shapes representing a magnetization state transition between such written magnetization states. Writing each magnetization state includes selecting... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Recording apparatus, server apparatus, recording method, program, and storage medium: A data recording apparatus recording data of a CD on an HDD in a manner such that the content of record in the CD is faithfully accounted for and shortening an operation time for a synchronized ripping operation. When the data recording apparatus reads, from the CD, track data managed... Agent: Sony Corporation
- Control system and method for loading actuator arm of rotating storage device: A system includes a control module configured to generate a first signal to control a speed of an actuator arm of a rotating storage device. An estimating module includes a first filter configured to generate a first filtered output based on the first signal. A second filter is configured to... Agent:
- Writing and reading multi-level patterned magnetic recording media, with more than two recording levels: A method and apparatus for writing magnetization states in magnetic islands of a multi-level patterned magnetic recording medium with more than two recording levels and a method and apparatus for reading readback waveforms representing written magnetization states of the magnetic islands in the multi-level patterned magnetic recording medium. Writing each... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Systems and methods for compensating for crosstalk between nearby writers: A recording system controller according to one embodiment includes a controller capable of selecting a level of a current or voltage applied to a first writer during the creation of a magnetic transition based on a current in at least one nearby writer. A recording system controller according to another... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Dual diffusion path filter with differential flow resistances: An apparatus and associated method for enclosing an environment-sensitive component. An enclosure separates an interior environment inside the enclosure from an external environment outside the enclosure. The enclosure has an environmental control system that captures a contaminant from the internal environment to a filter via a first diffusion path, and... Agent: Seagate Technology LLC
- Fixing apparatus and disk drive assembly having the same: A fixing apparatus for securing an HDD, includes a carrier containing the HDD and a plurality of fixtures to secure the HDD in the carrier. The carrier includes a bottom frame and two opposite sidewalls connected to two opposite edges of the bottom frame. Each fixture includes a post and... Agent: Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd.
- Disk drive device in which reduction in unbalanced amount can be adjusted: A disk drive device includes: a hub on which a recording disk is to be mounted; a base member; a bearing unit configured to support the hub in a manner in which the hub can be relatively rotated with respect to the base member; an extended annular groove portion provided... Agent: Alphana Technology Co., Ltd.
- Method for manufacturing magnetic recording medium, magnetic recording medium, and magnetic recording and reproducing apparatus: The manufacturing method of the present invention includes: forming a continuous recording layer on a nonmagnetic substrate; then forming, on the recording layer, a mask layer including at least one element selected from the element group of Pt, Ru, and Pd in such a manner that part of the recording... Agent: Showa Denko K.k.
- Perpendicular magnetic recording write head with enhancement capacitor on slider body for write current overshoot at write current switching: Write enhancement circuitry on the head carrier of a magnetic recording disk drive provides additional write current overshoot beyond that provided by the write driver circuitry. An enhancement capacitor is formed with a dielectric layer between two layers of electrically-conductive magnetically-permeable shield material that serve as the capacitor plates. The... Agent: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Netherlands B.v.
- Substrate for magnetic disk and magnetic disk: A magnetic disk substrate is characterized in that when laser light with a wavelength of 405 nm and a laser power of 25 mW is irradiated with a spot size of 5 μm and scattered light from the substrate is detected, the number of defects detected to have a size... Agent: Hoya Corporation
- Manufacturing method for a head-stack assembly, apparatus for interconnection of the head-stack assembly, and head-stack assembly: A manufacturing method for a head-stack assembly. The method includes preparing a head-stack assembly. The method further includes placing a connection pad forming surface of a connector tab formed on an end of the trace so as to be positioned opposite to an edge of a circuit board; sliding an... Agent:
- Disk drive including a latch configured to lock an actuator in response to an external force: A disk drive. The disk drive includes: a head for accessing a data recording area of a disk; an actuator for pivoting to move the head; a voice coil motor; and, a latch configured to lock the actuator from pivoting toward the data recording area in response to an external... Agent:
- Magnetic shield structure: An apparatus and associated method for a magnetic shield structure for data transduction from a recordable media in a data storage device. Various embodiments of the present invention are generally directed to a data transducer and a magnetic shield structure comprising a write shield magnetic material constructed of exchange decoupled... Agent: Seagate Technology LLC
- Recording head with tilted orientation: In one embodiment, a read sensor for a recording head for a magnetic media storage system, has first and second shields, and a magneto-resistive sensor disposed between and shielded by the first and second shields in which the sensing axis of the sensor is tilted with respect to the recording... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation05/05/2011 > patent applications in patent subcategories.
- Low frequency booster for rv/shock/fricton disturbance rejection: A system for removing low frequency disturbance signals from a control system output. The system includes a controller, a mixer, a feedback loop, and a low pass filter. The controller generates a control signal. The mixer is connected to the controller and receives the control signal from the controller. The... Agent: Hitachi Asia Ltd.
- Multilevel pulse position modulation for efficient encoding of information into servo patterns: A storage medium on which servo patterns are encoded to provide lateral and longitudinal position (LPOS) information is provided. Each of the servo patterns includes a servo frame, including first through fourth bursts, which are each independently modulated with multi-level pulse position modulation (PPM) to encode at least one independent... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Disk drive and method of timing control for servo-data detection: A method of timing control for servo-data detection in a disk drive. The method includes retrieving a plurality of servo sectors arranged discretely in a circumferential direction of a disk and measuring time intervals between servo sectors. The method also includes determining in which zone of a plurality of preset... Agent:
- Waveform based bit detection for bit patterned media: The presently disclosed technology teaches a transducer head with a read sensor, a write pole, and one or more waveform sensors attached to the transducer head. Further, a waveform propagates in the direction of a BPM and the waveform sensor is configured to detect the waveform after it is reflected... Agent: Seagate Technology LLC
- Hard disc device control circuit and hard disc device: A head of a hard disc device is retracted to a predetermined position by operating a VCM (Voice Coil Motor) driver. Trouble in a hard disc is detected and retraction is performed even if a short circuit occurs in either of the output line of a VCM driver in an... Agent: Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Method of managing defect and apparatuses using the same: A method of managing a defect of a hard disk drive includes calculating a number of ECC symbols of every sector which becomes an object of a defect scan and setting a defect reference value based on results of the calculation. The hard disk drive sets a sector as a... Agent: Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd
- Cancellation of time-varying periodic disturbances in servo control systems: Various embodiments for addressing time-varying periodic disturbances in a servo control system are provided. Each of a plurality of coefficients is updated based on an estimation of at least one disturbance frequency. The updated plurality of coefficients is provided to at least one peak filter modifying an input signal of... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Disk drive and method for measuring clearance change in the disk drive: A method for measuring a change of a clearance between a head and a disk. The method includes reading a preliminarily written data string for clearance measurement on a disk to obtain a first measured value corresponding to a clearance, and writing a new data string for deterioration check onto... Agent:
- Head-stack assembly including heat-dissipation and impedance-matching structure and hard-disk drive using the head-stack assembly: A head-stack assembly. The head-stack assembly includes: a magnetic-recording head; a lead-suspension supporting the magnetic-recording head on an actuator arm; a metal plate coupled with the actuator arm; a resin layer disposed on the metal plate; a flexible-printed-circuit board disposed on the resin layer, and substantially perpendicularly connected to the... Agent:
- Perpendicular magnetic recording head and method for producing the same: According to one embodiment, a perpendicular magnetic recording head includes a main pole, wherein a thickness in a down-track direction of the main pole increases moving away from an air bearing surface of the magnetic pole, and wherein a center position in a thickness direction of a portion of the... Agent: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Netherlands B.v.
- Positioning coarse servo actuator of tape servo system to allow fine servo actuator to follow tape shift excursions: Methods, servo systems, and data storage drives follow the lateral shift excursions of longitudinal tape, for example, from flangeless tape guides. A servo sensor is configured to sense lateral position of a tape head with respect to longitudinal servo tracks of the tape, a fine actuator is configured to translate... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Power mode operation of a magnetic tape drive: A magnetic tape drive having a tape drive system for moving magnetic tape, tape read/write and servo system, tape cartridge load/unload systems, I/O communications, memory; and a control system, operates in three modes to conserve energy consumption. A first low power mode powers the I/O communications, the memory, and the... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Spin valve element, method of driving the same, and storage device using the same: Provided is a spin valve element capable of performing multi-value recording, which includes a pair of ferromagnetic layers having different coercivities from each other, and sandwiching an insulating layer or a non-magnetic layer. The ferromagnetic layer having the smaller coercivity has a substantially circular in-plane profile, and a plurality of... Agent: Fuji Electric Holdings Co., Ltd.
- System, method and apparatus for planarizing surfaces with functionalized polymers: The surfaces of hard disk drive magnetic media disks are planarized with surface-grafted polymer chains that form a monolayer-thick film of uniform, self-limiting thickness. The thickness is controlled by the molecular weight of the polymer selected. The polymer film may be swollen by a solvent vapor to fill variable width... Agent: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies Netherlands B.v.
- Optimized write pole flare angle for side shield or semi side shiel pmr writer application: Improved writability and a reduction in adjacent track erasure are achieved in a PMR writer with a large flare angle of 45 and 90 degrees in the main write pole and a full side shield or partial side shield configuration around the narrow write pole section and write pole tip.... Agent: Headway Technologies, Inc.
- Writer and reader arrangements for shingled writing: A sloped reader is disclosed that reduces skew between reader and written transitions in shingled writing. The reader is formed between surfaces of S1 and S2 shields that are aligned parallel to the sloped reader. A PMR writer is described that straightens transition curvature and reduces signal-to-noise ratio in shingled... Agent: Headway Technologies, Inc.
- High areal density tape format and head: A magnetic recording tape according to one embodiment includes a plurality of servo tracks, each servo track comprising a series of magnetically defined bars, wherein an average height of the bars is less than about 50 microns, wherein about eight to about twenty six data bands are present on the... Agent: International Business Machines Corporation
- Magnetic disk substrate, method for manufacturing the same, and magnetic disk: In an annular glass substrate for a magnetic recording medium, a main surface (12) of the glass substrate is uniformly inclined from an inner peripheral end (13) to an outer peripheral end (14) and has an isotropic shape with respect to an axis passing through the center of the glass... Agent: Hoya Corporation
- Method of producing a perpendicular magnetic recording medium and perpendicular magnetic recording medium: An object of the present invention is to provide a perpendicular magnetic recording medium including a suitable lubricating layer with sufficient durability, moisture resistance, and contamination resistance and also maintaining an R/W characteristic. In a typical structure of the present invention, a method of manufacturing a perpendicular magnetic recording medium... Agent: Wd Media (singapore) Pte. Ltd.
- Controlling mechanical distortion in a member: An actuator and method of using an actuator that operably supports a component of a data transfer assembly. The actuator has a body and an arm extending longitudinally from the body. The arm has a tapered portion defined by laterally converging opposing surfaces from a proximal end of the arm... Agent: Seagate Technology, LLC
- Magnetoresistance device: A magnetoresistance device comprises a substrate, an elongate semiconductor channel extending in a first direction and at least two conductive leads providing a set of contacts to the channel. The device may comprise an optional semiconductor shunt in contact with the channel. The optional shunt, channel and set of contacts... Agent: Hitachi, Ltd.
- Method and system for providing dual magnetic tunneling junctions usable in spin transfer torque magnetic memories: A method and system for providing a magnetic junction usable in a magnetic memory are described. The magnetic junction includes first and second pinned layers, first and second nonmagnetic spacer layers, and a free layer. The first pinned layer has a first pinned layer magnetic moment and is nonmagnetic layer-free.... Agent: Grandis, Inc.
- Method to improve reader stability and writer overwrite by patterned wafer annealing: A method of fabricating a tunneling magnetoresistance (TMR) reader is disclosed. A TMR structure comprising at least one ferromagnetic layer and at least one nonmagnetic insulating layer is provided. A first thermal annealing process on the TMR structure is performed. A reader pattern definition process performed on the TMR structure... Agent: Western Digital (fremont), LLCPrevious industry: Optical: systems and elements
Next industry: Electricity: electrical systems and devices
RSS FEED for 20150611:
Integrate FreshPatents.com into your RSS reader/aggregator or website to track weekly updates.
For more info, read this article.
Thank you for viewing Dynamic magnetic information storage or retrieval patents on the FreshPatents.com website. These are patent applications which have been filed in the United States. There are a variety ways to browse Dynamic magnetic information storage or retrieval patent applications on our website including browsing by date, agent, inventor, and industry. If you are interested in receiving occasional emails regarding Dynamic magnetic information storage or retrieval patents we recommend signing up for free keyword monitoring by email.
Advertise on FreshPatents.com - Rates & Info
FreshPatents.com Support - Terms & Conditions
Results in 0.07867 seconds