|Abrading patents - Monitor Patents|
USPTO Class 451 | Browse by Industry: Previous - Next | All
01/2009 | Recent | 15: May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 14: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 13: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 12: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | July | June | May | April | Mar | Feb | Jan | 11: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | 10: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jul | Jun | May | Apr | Mar | Feb | Jan | | 09: Dec | Nov | Oct | Sep | Aug | Jl | Jn | May | Apr | Mar | Fb | Jn | | 2008 | 2007 |
Abrading January recently filed with US Patent Office 01/09Below are recently published patent applications awaiting approval from the USPTO. Recent week's RSS XML file available below.
Listing for abstract view: USPTO application #, Title, Abstract excerpt,Patent Agent. Listing format for list view: USPTO National Class full category number, title of the patent application. 01/29/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories. recently filed with US Patent Office
- Abrasive products with splice marks and automated splice detection: A coated abrasive product, comprising a first section and a second section, the first and the second sections being continuously joined together by a splice. The first section includes at least one first splice mark adjacent to the splice, wherein the first splice mark is a marking or a cluster... Agent: Hamilton, Brook, Smith & Reynolds, P.c.
- Methods and apparatus for polishing an edge of a substrate: Methods for polishing an edge of a substrate are provided. The invention includes rotating a substrate against a polishing film so as to remove material from the edge of the substrate; and detecting an amount of force exerted in pressing the polishing film against the substrate. Numerous other aspects are... Agent: Dugan & Dugan, Pc
- Polishing apparatus and polishing method: The present invention realizes a polishing apparatus capable of chamfering an end face of a large-sized substrate at a high precision for a table unit for mounting the substrate. A substrate is mounted on a table unit and is fixedly held in a predetermined reference state. A first polishing unit... Agent: Snell & Wilmer L.l.p. (main)
- Polishing pad, platen, method of monitoring, method of manufacturing, and method of detecting: A polishing pad, platen, method of monitoring, method of manufacturing, and method of detecting using a pseudo window area, where the pseudo window area has a thickness less than a thickness of a polishing layer and a thickness greater than zero.... Agent: Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C
- Mitigation of stress corrosion and fatigue by surface conditioning: Method and apparatus for surface conditioning a metal surface typically having irregular surface contours, by rubbing the metal surface with a surface conditioning device having a plurality of bristles which contact the metal surface during the rubbing and effect tensile stress reduction or degraded layer removal in the metal surface.... Agent: Nixon & Vanderhye P.c.
- Feeding solid particles into a fluid stream: A method and apparatus for injecting solid particles such as dry ice into an airstream using an airlock having a spherical valve member with spaced through ports and rotatable between an annular seal on one side of the spherical member for feeding the particles to the fluid stream chamber with... Agent: Fay Sharpe LLP
- Method of polishing a silicon-containing dielectric: A chemical-mechanical polishing system comprising: (a) ceria abrasive having an average particle size of about 180 nm or less and a positive zeta potential, (b) a polishing additive bearing a functional group with a pKa of about 3 to about 9, wherein the polishing additive is selected from the group... Agent: Steven Weseman Associate General Counsel, I.p.
- Semiconductor wafer polishing machine: Embodiments of the invention comprise a machine adapted for polishing work pieces such as large silicon wafers. A wafer polishing machine in accord with the invention comprises a rotatable platen in a table base, above which is mounted a lid having a head moving assembly with four synchronously rotatable head... Agent: Gregory Smith & Associates
- Hand-held power tool with guard, in particular an angle grinder: The invention relates to a portable power tool for a rotating, preferably disk-shaped tool (12). Said portable power tool comprises a machine housing (14), having a flange (16, 160) or a machine neck, and a protective hood (18) that can be detachably tensioned on the machine neck to cover the... Agent: Michael J. Striker
- Stopper for cutting tool: To provide a stopper for a cutting tool capable of getting a correct depth required in a medical treatment field, even if a few kinds of a cutting tool are available, without preparing a many cutting tools, the stopper for a cutting tool is fitted to a rotary shaft of... Agent: Oblon, Spivak, Mcclelland Maier & Neustadt, P.c.01/22/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories. recently filed with US Patent Office
- Cmp apparatus and method of polishing wafer using cmp: A CMP apparatus is provided with a replaceable polishing pad, a film thickness sensor, and a polishing control unit for switching polishing conditions in response to a fact that an output value from the film thickness sensor has exceeded a threshold value. The polishing control unit has a memory unit... Agent: Sughrue Mion, Pllc
- Process of using a polishing apparatus including a platen window and a polishing pad: A polishing pad can include a first layer and a second layer. The first layer can have a first polishing surface and a first opening. The second layer can have an attaching surface and a second opening substantially contiguous with the first opening. The polishing pad can further include, a... Agent: Larson Newman Abel Polansky & White, LLP
- Retaining ring for chemical mechanical polishing, its operational method and application system: A retaining ring for CMP is disclosed. The retaining ring has a plurality of grooves. The grooves have rounded sidewalls. Because the sidewalls of the grooves of the retaining ring are rounded, the slurry is not apt to accumulate around them and the pad is less scratched. Accordingly, the micro-scratches... Agent: North America Intellectual Property Corporation
- Method of making a wafer having an asymmetric edge profile: A wafer having an asymmetric edge profile is provided. The wafer has a disk-like body. The disc-like body has a first main surface, a second main surface parallel to the first main surface, and an edge region. The disk-like body has a central line defined between the first main surface... Agent: North America Intellectual Property Corporation
- Pneumatic grinder: The present invention provides an improved structure of pneumatic grinder, the housing of pneumatic grinder comprises an air chamber stand to assemble rotor; the air chamber stand comprising a cylinder, an upper cover and lower cover; the cylinder is fitted with inlet hole and exhaust hole; the major feature of... Agent: Egbert Law Offices
- Method of making abrasive article: A method of making an abrasive article comprising an abrasive disc (1) of non-woven fibres having a central shaft (3) and a hub (2) securing the shaft (3) to the abrasive disc (1). The method comprising forming the hub (3) by injecting molten thermoplastic material into the abrasive disc (1)... Agent: 3m Innovative Properties Company
- Device and method for sharpening blades: A blade sharpener includes a blade holder for holding a blade to be sharpened by a rotary wheel having an abrasive surface. The blade holder includes a body having a notch formed in a medial portion of the body for exposing a portion of the blade to the abrasive surface... Agent: Rudoler & Derosa Llc Attn: Docket Clerk
- Polishing head and edge control ring thereof, and method of increasing polishing rate at wafer edge: A polishing head used for CMP is described, including a retaining ring that is for engaging with a wafer, a membrane and an edge control ring. The membrane includes a bottom part for engaging with the wafer, and a lip part contiguous with the bottom part. The edge control ring... Agent: J C Patents, Inc.
- Floor processing machine with tiltable finishing units: A finishing machine (1) for finishing a work surface (20) which consists of a floor of terrazzo, marble, stone, concrete or the like, comprises at least two finishing units (3a, 4a; 3b, 4b; 3c, 4c, 300) which are supported by the frame (14, 100) of the finishing machine and which... Agent: Edwards Angell Palmer & Dodge LLP
- Drywall sander: A drywall sander includes a replaceable sanding pad having a layer of resilient material, and an abrasive surface. The sanding pad includes one or more edge portions that project beyond the edges of a sander head. The edges of the sanding pad can be deformed during use when the sander... Agent: Price Heneveld Cooper Dewitt & Litton, LLP
- Hand-held power tool for a rotating tool with a guard: The invention relates to a portable power tool (44) for a rotating, preferably disk-shaped tool. Said portable power tool comprises a machine housing (43), having a machine neck (22) to which a protective hood (1) can be detachably secured to at least partially cover the tool. Said protective hood (1)... Agent: Michael J. Striker
- Power-driven hand tool: A power-driven hand tool comprises a drive spindle adapted to drive a tool, that can be driven to oscillate about its longitudinal axis, which tool can be fixed on a retaining section of the dive spindle by a securing element, and further comprises a displacing device that serves to displace... Agent: St. Onge Steward Johnston & Reens, Llc01/15/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories. recently filed with US Patent Office
- Spectra based endpointing for chemical mechanical polishing: Methods and apparatus for spectrum-based endpointing. An endpointing method includes selecting two or more reference spectra. Each reference spectrum is a spectrum of white light reflected from a film of interest on a first substrate and has a thickness greater than a target thickness. The reference spectra is selected for... Agent: Fish & Richardson P.C.
- Structured abrasive with overlayer, and method of making and using the same: A structured abrasive article comprises a backing with a topographically structured abrasive layer secured thereto. The topographically structured abrasive layer comprises precisely-shaped abrasive composites. A solid overlayer comprising eroding particles with a Mohs scale hardness of at least 4 and a water-soluble polymer is disposed on at least a portion... Agent: 3m Innovative Properties Company
- Method for producing dustless graphite spheres from waste graphite fines: A method for producing graphite spheres from graphite fines by charging a quantity of spherical media into a rotatable cylindrical overcoater, charging a quantity of graphite fines into the overcoater thereby forming a first mixture of spherical media and graphite fines, rotating the overcoater at a speed such that the... Agent: Ut-battelle, LLC Office Of Intellectual Property
- Polishing pad and methods of improving pad removal rates and planarization: A method of improving a removal rate of a pad includes producing a body of a pad of polyurethane from a mix; and introducing into the mix an additive which decreases an elastic rebound of the pad so as to increase a chemical-mechanical planarization removal rate; and using as the... Agent: Snell & Wilmer L.L.P. (main)
- Polishing apparatus and polishing method: A polishing apparatus has a polishing tape (21), a supply reel (22) for supplying the polishing tape (21) to a contact portion (30) at which the polishing tape (21) is brought into contact with a notch portion (11) of a substrate (10), and a take-up reel (23) for winding up... Agent: Wenderoth, Lind & Ponack, L.L.P.
- Methods and apparatus for processing a substrate: Methods and apparatus for cleaning an edge of a substrate are provided. The invention includes a polishing film having a polishing side and a second side; an inflatable pad disposed adjacent the second side of the polishing film; a frame adapted to support the polishing film and the inflatable pad;... Agent: Dugan & Dugan, PC
- Method and apparatus for micro-machining a surface: An apparatus and method for micro-machining a surface of a workpiece having a complex surface profile including desired profile features and finer undesired profile features to be removed, including shaping a formable polishing tool using either the workpiece itself or a replica of the workpiece to have at least said... Agent: Mcdermid, Turnbull & Anglehart Patent And Trade-mark Agents
- Substrate processing apparatus: A substrate processing apparatus (1) has a first polishing unit (400A) and a second polishing unit (400B) for polishing a peripheral portion of a substrate. Each of the two polishing units (400A, 400B) includes a bevel polishing device (450A, 450B) for polishing a peripheral portion of a substrate and a... Agent: Wenderoth, Lind & Ponack, L.L.P.
- Apparatus and method for grinding workpiece: An apparatus and method for grinding a workpiece by rotating the workpiece about a rotational axis, rotating a cylindrical grinding wheel about a rotational axis being parallel to the rotational axis of the workpiece, moving the grinding wheel relative to the workpiece at least in one of a first direction... Agent: Oblon, Spivak, Mcclelland Maier & Neustadt, P.C.
- Device for polishing hard surfaces, especially glass surfaces: The invention relates to a device for polishing hard surfaces, especially glass surfaces, said device comprising polishing system (5) provided with a replaceable polishing disk (6). Said polishing system (5) can be displaced in a two-dimensional manner by means of a displacement device (10) comprising a holding element (11) for... Agent: Brian Roffe, Esq
- Single-use edging wheel for finishing glass: A single-use grinding tool includes a wheel portion having a profiled recess (e.g., such as a U, V, or bowl shape) extending circumferentially along the wheel portion's periphery. A multi-layered bonded abrasive (e.g., 3-dimensional matrix of abrasive grains and bond material, or multiple layers of abrasive tape) is conformably coated... Agent: Houston Eliseeva
- Flow medium-driven hand-held power tool: A hand-held power tool, having a housing (12) and a tool (70), which is located on the housing so as to be capable of rotating and/or orbiting and which can be operated as intended by means of a suction air flow, in particular with a vacuum cleaner, is especially effective... Agent: Striker, Striker & Stenby
- Flow medium-driven hand-held power tool: A hand-held power tool, having a housing (12) and a tool (70) which is located on the housing in a way drivable to rotate and/or oscillate and is drivable as intended by means of a flow of suction air, especially with a vacuum cleaner, is made especially effective in that... Agent: Striker, Striker & Stenby01/08/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories. recently filed with US Patent Office
- Method of removal profile modulation in cmp pads: A polishing pad includes a plurality of polishing surfaces, a first group of the polishing surfaces made of a first material having a first coefficient of friction and a second group of the polishing surfaces made of a second material having a second coefficient of friction. The first and second... Agent: Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP
- Polishing state monitoring apparatus and polishing apparatus and method: A polishing state monitoring apparatus measures characteristic values of a surface, being polished, of a workpiece to determine the timing of a polishing end point. The polishing state monitoring apparatus includes a light-emitting unit for applying light from a light source to a surface of a workpiece being polished, a... Agent: Wenderoth, Lind & Ponack, L.L.P.
- Method of producing a glass substrate for a mask blank, method of producing a mask blank, and method of producing a transfer mask: In a method of producing a glass substrate for a mask blank, a surface of the glass substrate is polished by the use of a polishing liquid having a pH value between 7.0 and 7.6 that contains abrasive grains, and the abrasive grains include colloidal silica abrasive grains produced by... Agent: Sughrue Mion, PLLC
- Abrasive for blast processing and blast processing method employing the same: An abrasive has a plate shape with a flat surface, in which a maximum diameter of the flat surface thereof is in the range of 0.05 mm to 10 mm, and 1.5 to 100 times as the maximum diameter as thick of the adhesive, and the blast processing method is... Agent: Mathews, Shepherd, Mckay, & Bruneau, P.A.
- Method for grinding semiconductor wafers: Semiconductor wafers are processed so as to remove material on one or both sides by means of at least one grinding tool, with coolant supplied into a contact region between the semiconductor wafer and the at least one grinding tool, characterized in that the coolant flow rate is set as... Agent: Brooks Kushman P.C.
- Polishing machine comprising a work chamber and a platform: A polishing machine for optical elements, comprising:—a spindle arranged to rotationally drive an optical element;—a polishing tool mobile relative to the spindle; wherein the polishing machine further comprises a platform mounted on top of a work chamber, the work chamber comprising the spindle, and the platform holding a body on... Agent: Young & Thompson
- Polishing machine comprising sliding means transverse to the front face: A polishing machine for optical elements includes: —a spindle arranged to rotationally drive an optical element; —a polishing tool mobile relative to the spindle; —a front face provided with a door enabling the access to the spindle and to the polishing tool. The polishing tool is mounted on a body... Agent: Young & Thompson
- Peening chamber for surface peening, in particular for ultrasonic shot peening of gas turbine components: The invention relates to a peening chamber for surface peening, in particular for ultrasonic shot peening of gas turbine components (10), which, at least with a component region (20) comprising the surface to be treated, are to be arranged within a chamber wall (12), which spatially defines the peening chamber,... Agent: Crowell & Moring LLP Intellectual Property Group
- Eyeglass lens processing apparatus: In an eyeglass lens processing apparatus for beveling a peripheral edge of an eyeglass lens, if the high curve lens processing mode is selected by the mode selector, a computing unit acquires a high curve bevel path for locating the bevel apex on a front surface curve of the eyeglass... Agent: Sughrue-265550
- Machine for the processing of optical work pieces, specifically of plastic spectacle lenses: A machine for processing optical work pieces having a work piece spindle for the work piece driving rotationally about a work piece rotation axis. At least one processing unit has a tool that can machine the work piece and an adjusting mechanism causes a relative movement between the work piece... Agent: Reising, Ethington, Barnes, Kisselle, P.C.
- Grinding machine: In a grinding machine with a grinding means for machining a workpiece surface which can be moved in a direction of conveyance relative to the grinding means and is arranged in a machining plane, wherein the grinding means has a large number of grinding heads with grinding elements (8) rotating... Agent: Whitham, Curtis & Christofferson & Cook, P.C.
- Polishing apparatus and polishing method: A polishing apparatus comprises a first polishing table having a first polishing surface, a substrate carrier for holding a substrate and positioning the substrate so as to bring a surface of the substrate into contact with the first polishing surface, a pressing mechanism for pressing, against the first polishing surface,... Agent: Wenderoth, Lind & Ponack, L.L.P.
- Robotic machining tool employing an endless machining belt: A robotic machining tool, employing an endless machining belt (10), comprising a front pulley (12) and a rear pulley (14) for guiding a machining belt, the rear pulley being turned by drive means (22), and the front pulley being free to rotate about a spindle (26) and being flanked by... Agent: Oblon, Spivak, Mcclelland Maier & Neustadt, P.C.
- Dry sanding surfaces having high abrasive loading: Abrasive articles are disclosed that may be used in dry sanding applications. The abrasive articles disclosed may be made entirely from abrasive materials or alternatively may be made by fastening abrasive surfaces to handles or tools. The abrasive articles of the present invention have abrasive surfaces with controlled wear rates... Agent: Denis Khoo
- Structure of cutting tip and saw blade including the structure: Disclosed is a saw blade capable of rapid cutting for various objects, such as jewelry, ferrite materials, stone, metallic materials, or ceramic tiles. The shape of the saw blade is modified such that performance and life time of the saw blade are improved. And also the manufacturing process for the... Agent: Rothwell, Figg, Ernst & Manbeck, P.C.01/01/2009 > patent applications in patent subcategories. recently filed with US Patent Office
- Apparatus and method for removing material from microfeature workpieces: Machines and systems for removing materials from microfeature workpieces using fixed-abrasive mediums. One embodiment of a method for removing material from a microfeature workpiece comprises rubbing the workpiece against a surface of a fixed-abrasive medium having a matrix and abrasive particles attached to the matrix, and sensing a parameter indicative... Agent: Perkins Coie LLP Patent-sea
- Polishing apparatus and polishing method: A polishing apparatus according to the present invention is suitable for use in polishing a periphery of a substrate such as a semiconductor wafer. The polishing apparatus includes a holding section configured to hold the workpiece, a polishing head configured to bring the polishing tape into contact with the workpiece,... Agent: Wenderoth, Lind & Ponack, L.L.P.
- Skin sander: A skin sander for removing dead skin such as calluses and rough dry skin, including a housing, electric motor, and an oscillating sanding surface. The skin sander is ergonomically designed for use by various sized hands with minimal effort.... Agent: Burns & Levinson, LLP
- Drive for a grinding spindle: The invention relates to a grinding-spindle assembly comprising a fixed shaft and a ring motor that has a stator and a rotor, wherein the stator is connected in a fixed fashion to the shaft, the rotor is a hollow shaft and is pivotal on the fixed shaft, and the grinding... Agent: K.f. Ross P.C.
- Sanding apparatus with molded elastomeric pad: A sander comprises a body member molded of polypropylene to which a soft pad member is integrally molded or directly bonded thereto. Preferably, the material comprising the pad member is of a thermoplastic elastomer material, such as Santoprene®. Significantly, when the pad member is molded directly to the body member,... Agent: George Gottlieb, Esq. C/o Gottlieb, Rackman & Reisman, P.C.
- Honing jig: The honing jig has a base on which a whetstone or other abrasive substance is mounted. A pair of spaced guide rods extends the length of the base. A carriage is mounted to tubes which slide along the rods and through which the guide rods extend. The blade to be... Agent: Senniger Powers LLPPrevious industry: Foundation garments
Next industry: Butchering
RSS FEED for 20150611:
Integrate FreshPatents.com into your RSS reader/aggregator or website to track weekly updates.
For more info, read this article.
Thank you for viewing Abrading patents on the FreshPatents.com website. These are patent applications which have been filed in the United States. There are a variety ways to browse Abrading patent applications on our website including browsing by date, agent, inventor, and industry. If you are interested in receiving occasional emails regarding Abrading patents we recommend signing up for free keyword monitoring by email.
Advertise on FreshPatents.com - Rates & Info
FreshPatents.com Support - Terms & Conditions
Results in 0.10244 seconds